Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bad Form! Tagged out + Video

Ishi

PMA Member
Tuesday night I hunted after work on the farm that I shot my turkey on Saturday. I arrived at 3:00 and as soon as I started putting up the DB a Tom was very close gobbling like crazy.

I worked him for two hours and finally he let me see him as he walked to where I tagged the bird on Saturday. Later the same five toms were behind me with the hens and nothing I tried worked to draw them over. It was a fun hunt being covered up in birds all afternoon but frustrating dealing with hened up toms.
This morning the alarm went off at 3:00am cause I was heading south to hunt with more cover in hopes of catching some loners that weren’t hened up.

The blind was set up in a hay field tucked in a valley with hills behind me as to stay out of the wind. I only heard one gobble south of me which was down wind. Not long after my second series of calls two birds came threw the fence line from the south a Tom and a Jake.
The Jake came in but was squirrelly but the video will tell the rest.

From the blind

d74c8e9ce9029ab884ddd8e879b4f0a4.jpg

Massive wound

24e79571e74d326b87244e2e7d5754eb.jpg

Nice hooks

78b0f0c04f21a80018bb3e2f2bfdd3b3.jpg

Just hanging out

6a2fb3b0155cb1b5c86f7d2175e6e529.jpg

The self photo shoot went a little better.

c50e060c6559c035aa3128a3b01f5773.jpg

I wondered why I hit him a tad low but once I watched the video I knew...... I peeked a bit early on the shot!

This year makes me forget about the last two years of struggling while hunting Turkeys.
As always very blessed and thankful to do what I love! Congrats to all who have scored and success to those still hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats! One of these years I'd like to get my bow out and fill a tag with it.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom