Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Baiting in Kansas, is it legal?

muddy

Rather than actually try to find the answer myself I'll ask the question here.

I was watching Hank Parkers outdoor show the other day and him and his 2 kids were in Kansas. They put out a few metric tons of this stuff called "C'mere Deer" in powder form, liquid form, etc etc. They even soaked a friggin pick up load of corn in the liquid stuff and threw it out in front of their stands and blinds. They were in Kansas and I couldn't believe that this was legal... in the wild at least. Since he's big buddies with Jimmy Houston I wondered if they were in a high fence operation where anything is allowed.

Wow, that's hard to believe! I've seen that C'mere deer stuff at Scheels, and wondered why they would even sell it here in Iowa, since baiting is obviously illegal. It's not like it has any nutritional value like a mineral lick, so other than strictly attracting deer or baiting them to an area why else would you use it?

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's hard to believe! I've seen that C'mere deer stuff at Scheels, and wondered why they would even sell it here in Iowa, since baiting is obviously illegal. It's not like it has any nutritional value like a mineral lick, so other than strictly attracting deer or baiting them to an area why else would you use it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trail cameras in the summer is about all I can think of.

North Dakota is another state where baiting is legal.

I could see using the c'mere deer stuff for an attraction to get them to a camera or get them away from a neighbor's property during hunting season; but then you couldnt hunt their either so its kinda a trade off.

Dean

Muddy, I think I was told it was an attractant and not a bait. Just as if you were using estrous scents, etc. Putting it on a pile of corn would be a little diffrent though.

Top Bottom