Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best loads with CVA Accura V2

Ok guys I am headed to get me new V2 here shortly. I have an idea on what I want to shoot, my current set up with my old hawken (115gr loose pyrodex, 250gr bonded TC superglide). However, with the new gun I would like to make the move to pellets I think? I am looking at the magnum 777 pellets and seeing where that starts off with my current set up. According to data its looking at 2005 fps or so for velocity, but I want and am most concerned about accuracy at 150-200 yards. I do a lot of open country spot/stalk in late season and I need to be confident with that range. My current set up I have taken deer at 250 and felt very confident in taking those shots with the ideal conditions. What are your best loads for this gun???

I am using 100 grains (Volume) of Blackhorn 209 and Barnes 250 gr TMZ bullets/sabots. I am getting 1 inch groups at 100 yds. The Blackhorn powder burns a little hotter so I use CCI 209M (Magnum) primers.

I started out with 120 grains but my gun didn't like it. It would group a couple rounds then throw a flier 6 inches off. That's not to say your Accura wouldn't like it or it would work with a heavier or different brand sabot.

You will like the Blackhorn. It shoots much cleaner than 777. I don't have to run a patch between shots at the range. Just clean it up after a shooting session. You also use traditional cleaners that you would use for your rifle or shotgun. I use Hoppes #9 and follow that with a thin layer of oil in the barrel.

X2 on the BH 209 love it, My accura likes 110 grains by weight, and will shoot the 300 gr hornady's with harvester short black sabots, or the Harvester 300 gr PT GOLD, with the crushed rib sabots, either bullet 3 rounds 1 inch group at 100 yds, 2.5 inch group at 200,
Check out the firing pin head spacing video, for blow back from the primer

I have a V2 and it took me a while to find the combo that worked for me, but my best results are:
BH 209 120g by volume
250g Hornady with black crushed Rib Sabots
CCI 209 Primers

I'm going to 4th or 5th the blackhorn 209 for your powder. Whatever you end up with, good luck!

i use 150gr 777 pellets, 250gr hornady SST in mine and from the bench, at 100 yds, i'll get 3 shots touching and 2-3" group at 200 without swabbing the barrell. after 3 shots you've gotta run a patch thru the barrell or accuracy falls off.

120grains BH209 and a 250 grain Barnes TMZ works great out of my gun. the SSTs aren't bad either but I prefer the Barnes.

So does anyone use shockwaves? I was hoping to use them first at least concidering I just bought a new box last Jan to have on hand when/if the other ran out.

I have used shockwaves in the past. Was not entirely pleased with the way they performed after impact. They shot well but when I found one fragmented inside of a deer after only hitting a rib I was less than impressed. If you have had success with them in the past I would give them a try.
PS- When I shot the Shockwaves it was out of a TC.

I shot shock waves out of my gun. It is essentially a hornady sst. Shot fine just never liked those types of slugs.

Top Bottom