Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best trail cameras of 2017 - $100-225

I have one Browning and it's great. I put it out last spring and I haven't changed the batteries yet...and have run it straight through to now...swear. although I have gotten just 300ish pics a week in this spot.

I find the multiple positive reviews for browning interesting. I have 6. Hate them all. Maybe a bad batch.

I agree I heard great things and wanted to try them . Bought a few of the strike force
And dark ops and hated them. Pictures were terrible. Blurry during the day even with too much sun.

I am surprised to her that ^^^^^ however that is one of the bad things about Made in China game cameras......sometimes you get good batches and then you order more and get crap. I have about a dozen of the Browning Strike Force cameras (bought in about four different batches) and have been real happy with them. I like that they only use 6 AAs and like others have said, the batteries last a long time. Picture quality has been good for me as well.

I had a similar experience as Chipterp with Covert cameras. Everyone told me they were great so I bought a half dozen and hated them. Constantly breaking, blurry pictures.....but then other guys swear by them. Crazy how different the quality can be from one batch to another.

Anyone ever try the cabelas camera they were offering a lifetime warranty on last year. Neve looked into them just saw the add a couple of times. I'm sure the lifetime warranty was limited and had a catch.

I switched to browning's strike force 2 years ago and I love the new strike force HD Pro. I haven't tried all the other camera's but I have used a few but these have been really reliable, good price and battery life.

Browning, like many others, have had bad "Batches" from the multiple china plants many of all brands are produced at. Not surprised.
NOW.... QUESTION.... On the "GOOD ONES" you all seem to like.... What's the night IR pics like? If deer are moving, are they blurry or do you know if Browning seems to have some great IR pics? I see they list a "non-blurry IR Technology" which is just a marketing bullet point possibly. But, how are the IR night pics and moving deer blurry?

Browning, like many others, have had bad "Batches" from the multiple china plants many of all brands are produced at. Not surprised.
NOW.... QUESTION.... On the "GOOD ONES" you all seem to like.... What's the night IR pics like? If deer are moving, are they blurry or do you know if Browning seems to have some great IR pics? I see they list a "non-blurry IR Technology" which is just a marketing bullet point possibly. But, how are the IR night pics and moving deer blurry?

I cant seem to figure out how to post pics since the change Skip but Ill text you a couple pocs from some strikeforce cams

SPYPOINT Force-10 economy cam, great pics and battery life.
Force-11d hd video with sound, 0.07 trigger speed
Solar- no batteries
Link-Solar-no batteries cellular, sends video and photo to App.

I won't buy another browning as the last batch took great pics when it took pictures.I bought a couple of moultries from Rogers sporting goods for like 65.00 each and free shipping

I am intrigued by the newest Cuddeback that creates its own 15 mile network? You can check all cams from one, no fees. If it works it would be awesome.

Looks like 1/2 mile in the woods, but sounds awesome if the technology works. (similar to buckeye cam concept)

Copy and paste from their website:
  • CuddeLink is not cell service or Wi-Fi. CuddeLink is a proprietary wireless mesh network that allows the cameras to communicate with each other.
  • CuddeLink transmits images from remote cameras to a home image collection camera.
  • Up to 15 Remote CuddeLink cameras can send images to 1 Home camera.
  • Typical transmission range in a dense forest is ¼ to ½ mile. In open spaces CuddeLink has camera-to-camera range to over 1 mile. Like all wireless systems transmission range will vary with terrain and conditions.
  • CuddeLink automatically daisy-chains cameras to extend range to over 4 miles, making CuddeLink deployable on properties of hundreds or thousands of acres.
  • There is no monthly fee to collect images on the Home camera. A monthly fee is only incurred if you elect to use cell service

IMHO
Any more, every trail camera in the 100-120 range is a gamble......it will either be crap outta the box, or will last you 1-4 years.
If you're buying a lot of cameras at a time (which it sounds like you are), it's better to just buy the 100-120 range ones that are left over from last year and on sale for $60-$80.

Cuddebroke is permanently ruled out for me... FOREVER..... fixing broken cameras under warranty was a constant nightmare. I get that cams can break BUT 4-6 models all broke more often than other brands I will not buy from a company with customer service like i experienced. Nightmare. Covert, bushnell, all others I've dealt with, etc are so much better to deal with it's just no contest. Add to the fact that all the other brands were far better quality & results, IMO, there's no way I'll give cuddebroke another dime after my multiple experiences. Never again.
I bet u cell cams keep growing and get better, easier and cheaper every year.

I have a Browning for about a year now and have no complaints. The quality of picture and video is really good.

Best quality for cheap is easily the MP8. I run almost 200 of them and they're fairly durable and take decent pictures. But as far as quality goes I'll put my scoutgaurd sg565f cameras up against anything. Plus they are only around $150 a piece when you can find them.

I usually check out the reviews at trailcampro.com.Brownings take good pics when they work.I have sent my 2 new ones back 3 times and its still luck of the draw if they work.Browning said they were going to technology that you need to use lithiums only and keep the SD card for use it each individual camera only.I bought a couple of the moultie 880 from Rogers outdoors for around 65.00 apiece and they are as good as any I have tried

Top Bottom