Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Buck Down-Gross 157.5! Time To Roll The Does

All, Went out Sat. morning trying to see if I could get a shooter rattled up. On the way in I was rudely awakened by a object that tripped me up and put me face to face with the turf. I turned to give what ever it was an aireal burial to spot a nice shiny white shed antler. I picked it up and said to myself it must be my morning because the Deer Gods are telling me to stay alert!! I proceeded to my stand and was settled in by 5:45am and it was really getting light fast. I started out with some social grunts to bring in anything close but had no response. I then tickled the antlers softly to again check if anything was close but nothing responded. I waited 10 minutes and decided to give a loud sequence. I started raking the antlers up and down the tree as loud as I could and then gave two loud grunts followed by two snort weezes. I then hammered the antlers together as the battled started but the backed off to more of a shoving match and the finished with a nasty disengagement sequence! I hung the horns up and waited and within minutes I heard movement to the east. I couldn't see anything behind the brush but it was coming my way! I soon saw large roosties of leaves shooting out from behind a brush pile and I thought I rattled in a bunch of turkeys. He must have been making a scrape. I waited for a couple minutes and out came the big boy with a doe with no tail! I sat waiting as the doe moved off away from me and thought for sure he was gone. But this big boy wanted to fight or see who was in his territory because he worked his way to 10 yards from the tree! I shot down through the left shoulder and centerpuched his heart, I should have taken a picture, and broke his opposite fron leg. He went 35 yards and went down hard!! Awesome hunt! I can't say enough about those new WASP broadheads!! Enjoy! T$
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• 36019-03 Bow Buck 2.JPG
    36019-03 Bow Buck 2.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 198
Re: Big Buck Down! Time To Roll The Does

nice buck, been a good season for you T$!

Congrats.

Nice Buck there Tdollar! I had great luck rattling this weekend but no shooters wanted to come out and play. Great job and how about a story?

SWEET . . . Great picture and great buck!

Let's here the story.

beerchug.gif

Way to Go!!!
waytogo.gif
Nice looking deer. Where's the story? Now the fun begins. Time to knock down the does
30571-green1.gif

mole

Great buck and is sounded like a great hunt. I hope to have a week like last week when I get back out there.

Top Bottom