Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Iowa Buck down for Drury Outdoors/David Lindsey

Wired To Hunt

Don't know if you guys saw this one yet, but David Lindsey of Drury Outdoors stuck a reallll nice buck last week. Think it measured out to 167. And I know Mark Drury dropped a 176 a couple days after! Those boys are making it happen.

Here's a link to pics/story of David's buck if you're interested.

David Lindsey's Oct 4 Buck

Mark Drury shot a buck in Iowa?.....He didn't draw a tag.Must be another govenor's tag.I still can't believe he gets those after having his hunting privledges taken away just a few years ago.

He and Terry both got caught with resident deer tags for Iowa and Missouri.The charges were for fileing duel residency.That was before Terry moved to Iowa.I do remember hearing recently that Mark lives in Iowa to so maybe that is the reason it doesn't show him as having drawn a tag.

Mark claims residency in Iowa, Osceola. Terry claims residency in Missouri were his farm is. Terry puts in for the draw like a normal person you can look in DNR records for that. As for them losing there hunting rights I believe that is a bunch of BS. I am not a big fan for the Drurys but cant stand it when people spread rumors that they say are fact with out knowing anything. Celebrity or no celebrity if you dont have the facts to back up your story you shouldnt be talking. It happens every year when someone kills a big buck and it really gets old. After that rant those are some nice bucks, and governor tags are BS also.

He and Terry both got caught with resident deer tags for Iowa and Missouri.The charges were for fileing duel residency.That was before Terry moved to Iowa.I do remember hearing recently that Mark lives in Iowa to so maybe that is the reason it doesn't show him as having drawn a tag.

This is actually not true at all..... no record of the "event" whatsoever.

It is true...ask any game warden in southern Iowa.
And Scottonbuck you are wrong.Terry lives in Iowa and Mark had lived in Missouri until recently.
My original question was..
Mark Drury shot a deer in iowa? He DID NOT draw a tag.You can look that up on the Iowa DNR site.

Mark at one time had a place in Grand River when they owned ground around there, and then moved to Osceola when they sold the ground around Grand River and bought ground in Clarke county. I don't know how much time he spends here to claim he is a resident with his wife and kids still living in Missouri? Terry has never lived here because of his construction business Dury Contracting in Missouri.

It is true...ask any game warden in southern Iowa.
And Scottonbuck you are wrong.Terry lives in Iowa and Mark had lived in Missouri until recently.
My original question was..
Mark Drury shot a deer in iowa? He DID NOT draw a tag.You can look that up on the Iowa DNR site.

If he did not draw, he would be a prime candidate for the Govenor's tags and I am sure he got one of those. All the big names put in for the draw, if they don't draw they get the Govenor's tags in a lot of cases. :way:

i saw a list one year on here of who all got the gov tags.i think they were called media tags or something like that.i noticed that no drurys even applied this year.and i saw bill jordan didnt draw.

Govenors tag = rediculous. Iowa has a lot of things right in the outdoors world but that is not one of them.

Govenors tag = rediculous. Iowa has a lot of things right in the outdoors world but that is not one of them.

I would agree, IA does not need anymore advertising, everyone knows they have giant bucks. They should auction off those tags to the highest bidder IMO.

i saw a list one year on here of who all got the gov tags.i think they were called media tags or something like that.i noticed that no drurys even applied this year.and i saw bill jordan didnt draw.

I bet Bill is still up there hunting this year if he wants to tho. :way:

I did a search on the Iowa Courts Onlie site (against both Mark and Terry) and also found 'no record' of the event. Just a few traffic violations.....
I believe the Iowa court system records rather than a random comment on-line and I hope most others do as well. From what I know of the Drury's, they are top notch guys and mis-truths should not be spread about them (or anyone else for that matter). I could only wish I had their 'jobs'!!!!

It is fishy that Marks home town is listed in Osceola Iowa, but his Daughters is in St. Peters Missourri. Says his spouse is Tracy and their child is Taylor. Those two towns are 5hrs apart, so unless there is a Divorce involved that isn't common knowledge, that is one hell of a commute to have a family Dinner at night. Not accusing anyone, but almost seems like it could be a case of tricking the residency law.....

Hey...I thought I would just throw some fodder on this fire...since we're all in this together. I'll admit right up front that I'm just playing "devil's advocate" on this topic. The truth is...if you're on here, and you live in Iowa...you enjoy hunting Iowa's big bucks. I moved here over 20 yrs. ago because I love bird dogs and pheasant hunting...now you can't hardly find a pheasant, so I'm "stuck" hunting some of the biggest bucks in the country...I know poor me!!! ;) On the other hand, IF one of the Drury's (and I have NOOOO way of knowing this, except for the Iowawhitetail gossip...and NOOOO I'm not going to spend time looking at legal records!) claims residency in Iowa, why should Iowa care. In many ways all TV hunting magnets are "traveling salesmen". If you are a drug rep in the midwest...many times your area will cover multiple states. You claim one...the one that collects your taxes. It doesn't mean all your "sales" are done in that state...it just means that's the one getting the proceeds. In the case stated...Mark is the "culprit" in this case, but in face he is really just claiming that the proceeds from his venture is going into Iowa's pocket and not Missouri's ...in reality...shouldn't Missouri be ticked since he is pilphering off of their school system, and yet paying Iowa his hard earned money and taxes. Like I said...I'm just stirring the pot hoping all of us who love God's great outdoors can really enjoy each other and get a chance at our best buck ever no matter where we call "home"...

Top Bottom