Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big & J BB2 - Any thoughts?

Wired To Hunt

Has anyone tried Big & J's BB2 mineral supplements yet? I'm interested in ordering some, but want a little bit of real feedback first.

I havent tried any of it yet but I have done pretty much the same thing for a lot less. Not to knock anybody's product but you can just go to a local ethanol plant or cattle farmer and buy distillers grain from them and mix it with cracked corn. Pretty much the exact same thing for about a 1/3 of the price. I have been doing it for a few years now the deer really seem to like it but it seems like it gives them the runs if they eat too much of the distillers grain.

Used it this year & the product did seem to work really well, it is pricey but I would cut 5lbs of the Big n J's into 50lbs of shelled corn. I put it in an established corn pile set and had farm more deer coming into the site once I put the Big & J's in....don't know if it was because the site was already established and more were exposed or if the really strong aroma that it does have was drawing deer in.

It is almost like a mineral lick mixed with corn supplement though, the deer will paw and dig/lick the ground where it was at long after the supplement is gone. So dependent upon how the mineral lick issue goes here in IA this product might not work for our regs.

Good luck.

I tried it this year after meeting up with the guys at the QDMA convention. They gave me 3 bags to try. Like Dark I cut it with shelled corn so it would last. Used as just an attractant. Had bucks on the trail camera 2 hours after putting out in a totally new place and they continued to hit a couple times each day until gone. Good stuff - but pricey.

Liked it

I have tried to mix my own (my dad feeds cattle and has piles of the distillers grain laying around) and it will get moldy if you mix it on your own because of it's moisture.

I love their product and they will dig and paw at this stuff like a salt/mineral product. Mix it with whole corn and you won't go wrong. Cracked corn attracts too many turkeys.

I'd try it.

Well as partner in Big and J industries, LLC I can tell everyone that our product is much more than distillers grains and corn in a bag. It is true that those are a few of the ingredients that we use, just as 90% of the other attractants/supplements on the market are Rice Bran and Salt, it is the combination and the formulation that is scientifically proven that we have come up with. It is true that if this formula is not correct, the animals will under go what we call acidosis, or an upset stomach resulting in always "the runs" as well as many cases death. There is a reason why we have 4 ruminant biologists on staff as well as a key wildlife biologist we consult with, along with recommendations from QDMA as well as CWDA. Our product will not give the animals the previous mentioned issues. We know that people will always try to make there own and that is flattering to us, but know that the studies that have gone into the products outweigh a backyard conversation and a local co-op. As for Pricing, compare price per pound on any other supplement/attractant on the shelves at your current favorite store and them compare it to 40lbs for $29.99 and 20lbs for $16.99, we are either even or well below our competitors. If you are interested in trying the products please contact us at info@bignjindustries.com, as for using corn please use whole corn if you are going to feed corn straight, because of the high starch content, the cracked corn is much worse for them.

Sincerely,

"BIG"

Top Bottom