Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bigger than I thought!!! BIG BUCK DOWN!!!

That's just rediculous!
blush.gif
Hell of a deer, congrats.

Holy He*%!!!! That makes my 150" deer from this year look like Bambi. Wow!! Congrats on a great deer. Can't wait to hear more details about this one.

I knew you'd get another "cusser buck" Kaare! That thing could make a guy cuss in front of his grandma! My hats off to you my man. You hung in there and let big bucks walk to get the one you wanted. Congrats on a well earned trophy of a lifetime! P.S. did the scope give you a little kiss?
grin.gif

I cannot get over the size of those bases...I just keep coming back to your picture like every 10 minutes.
grin.gif
Looks like he added quite a few inches and mass since the set of sheds that Ghost posted...holy cow. Damn I can't wait to see more pics.

Well I'll give a short version of what I could go on for days about. After 7 days of hunting and quite a few hrs on stand I was wondering if I'd be lucky to even lay eyes on this guy again. The pressure was already mounting with time available quickly evaporating and when I left the house at 2:00 yesterday I was in the midset that if the 170 class buck I'd passed twice already gave me another chance, he may be in serious trouble.

It was windy something fierce when I arrived, so bad I had to climb out of the big spruce and take refuge on the bank of the river for awhile. It's funny how close a beaver will waddle by you when you are laying there in camo. At 4:00 I climbed back in the tree and the wind bobbed me all over, it was not warm.
crazy.gif

By 6:45 I had seen about 40 does and fawns and only a couple small bucks. I had only 15 minutes legal time left and was giving myself all of them even though I was chilled to the bone. Suddenly he crested the rise at about 225 yards. There were no binos invloved, it was him, I knew instantly. He closed to about 175 yards and hung up. I didn't really want to take the shot but decided that I absolutely had to b/c I may never see him again. The angle wasn't great but I put the crosshairs on him and squeezed. I instantly heard the whump and am positive I saw blood shooting from his side. He ran straight at me to about 80 yards and stopped. I sat there waiting for him to fall over, heart pounding from my chest. I then realized he was hit a bit further back than I hoped. He just stood there, staring in my direction. I was freakin' out. Things then got quite amature and hairy. I realized I better stuff another one down and pound him. I reached for my charge......................NO, it is in my pack at the base of the tree. I went into panick mode, lowered the gun, shimmed down the tree, stuffed on in and climbed back up. he saw me going up the tree and started to slowly move to the big woods. I knew he was dead deer walking but I didn't want him in there, it is a mess and I had to work today, I may lose him. I managed to get into my stand before he got there, I was trying to stop him with grunts but he wouldn't. I got the hairs on his shoulder and pulled, he steamrolled into the bush. I climbed down, walked to where he went in and there was good blood. 30 yards later I found him.

I marked where he was and took off to find someone to help load him and take some photos. I found my friend Bill where he was hunting and low and behold, he had one down, a nice mid 150's 5x6. We loaded his, met up with another friend and went and got him. It wasn't until we had him out of the bush that I realized the magnitude of him.

I had thought all along he was sure to be over 200" but after we eyeballed him for awhile, Bill said he wouldn't be surprised if he went 220-230, his dad is an official scorer, so he's not just taking a wild guess.

I'll eventually get him scored but I really don't care. I'm just so pumped that I was able to catch up with him. I fully realize that I will likely never agin in my life see a bigger buck. I realize how fortunate I am to live where I do and have landowners gracious enough to let me pursue my dreams. I fully realize that I may have giant horsehoes, shoved you know where, to have found that perfect tree that I've taken over 600" of antler out of in 3 years. I realize that passing on him last year was the best mistake I'll ever make and I am honoured to be able to share this with you people, people with the same terrible big buck sickness that I suffer from. Thanks for the congrats guys, I wish you all great luck and I'll put some more pics up tomight or tomorrow.
laugh.gif

Dear God, that buck is incredible. Congrats Kaare, he is gorgous!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Top Bottom