Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Biologist house burns

R

ranger

On Friday night, Willie Suchy's, deer biologist for the DNR, house burnt to the ground. Although Willie and his wife Anna had recently moved into a new house, they had not yet moved many of their possessions. They lost a lot of items including most of their guns, hunting clothes, art work... Willies wife is an accomplished artist and wtiter and she lost 20 years worth of work in the fire. They also lost many heirlooms. They do have insurance, but many of the items may never be replaced.
If you would like to show your support, please send cards and monetary donations for Willie and Anna to Chariton Research Station, Route 1 Box 209, Chariton, Iowa 50049.

Been there done that. Lost all my sheds and 14,000 wildlife and fishing photos among jillions of other irreplacable things on November 8th 2000. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Still have to choke back tears when I think of it a year and a half later.

My heart goes out to Willy and his wife. Wish there was something I could say to make it better, but there isn't. God bless.

If they need any advice about collecting on insurance, I've been down the road and I'd be happy to offer advice.

I am so sorry to hear this happened, I can't imagine.

Yes, I remember Iowa1 when you where also delt this terrible loss. In your opinion should we start an Iowa Whitetail Fund for Willie? He is the most important human in the Iowa Whitetail world.I feel terrible for his wife as well, her artwork can never be replaced.

Before I call Willie, I know him pretty well...we usually visit 6 - 10 times a year about the herd and sitting on the DNR Commission we spoke, I would be interested in your guys input on how we can help.

Tony

I don't know Willie that well, have just had him help us out with several programs throughout the years here in Webster County. I'm sure there are folks in the DNR who could give us advice on how we could help. Maybe Blind Sow could help us out and what direction would be of help to the family.

Top Bottom