Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bird down

deerhunter93

Dad and I were able to get out and hunt together this year. I've been fortunate to share many turkey hunts with him over the years and we were able to get it done yesterday sitting against a tree that we've had good success at in the past. There weren't any gobbles real close in the morning but we knew that if we stayed tight there is a good chance something would wander by.

Around 7:30 we had a hen catch us off guard but just circled around us and I saw a group of jakes coming from the opposite direction to cut her off. As I was looking down the valley where they went I caught movement and saw two strutters on a timbered hillside about 100 yards out. They strutted in that same general area for 10-15 minutes and with a little coaxing folded and headed our way. Dad and I were hoping to double up but we were sitting on opposite sides of a multi-trunk tree and weren't able to communicate real well. When it was all said and done only one of the two strutters left right at 8:00am.

It was another beautiful morning in the woods and it looks like I'll be joining Dad in the morning in hopes of getting him a bird!

Good ol' 2 year old bird
19 lb 6 oz
.75 inch spurs
10.25 inch beard
NWTF score - 54.875
70df246442315f60be879fee7b8ee024.jpg
a021acb0fb1d8b498aa5f963ea1431bb.jpg

Top Bottom