Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Boat/anchor question

rutnstrut

PMA Member
Ok Ive got a question for you fishing and boat gurus... Ive got a 20'x60" 5° mod-v Id like to be able to keep sideways in river current.
Ive always just tied the front end up to a log jam or something on the bank, how big of an anchor am I going to need to keep the rear from swinging down stream? Or is the a better way to be able to fish everyone out one side of the boat???

I would not recommend fishing 2 anchors in current. If your front anchor slips and your rear anchor locks you will be retrieving your boat off the bottom of the river. Get a 20 lb. anchor with breakaway chain so that you can pull it out backwards if it get hung up. I run a 20 lb. Cat River Anchor and have had good luck.

I would not recommend fishing 2 anchors in current. If your front anchor slips and your rear anchor locks you will be retrieving your boat off the bottom of the river. Get a 20 lb. anchor with breakaway chain so that you can pull it out backwards if it get hung up. I run a 20 lb. Cat River Anchor and have had good luck.

Front wont have an anchor... Itll be tied off to some kind of structure

If money is no issue, look up the box anchor. Or Google box anchor catfish edge and watch his video on making your own. It grabs instantly and releases easy and won't get hooked on logs/rocks like the fluke anchor shown above.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom