Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bobcat Sighting

About 5 years ago a guy from town caught one less then 5 miles from the Mississippi near Sabula, snapped a couple shots and then called the DNR to release it.

I actually spotted a bobcat last night. It was a larger one and it was in my grandma's back yard. It proceeded to cross the yard and then the road...it almost became a dead bobcat...a car slammed on it's brakes to miss it.

I know some of you are going to think that I am full of chit, but I saw another big male bobcat last night.

It was 5:00 p.m. the squirrels were raising hell, all of a sudden I see this bobcat spring upon to the side of a tree after a squirrel. He missed the squirrel so he hangs there for a few seconds than leaps back to the ground.

Next he climbs onto a large log and begins stretching and working his front claws on the log. After that he laid down on the log from about 10 minutes before disappearing into the brush.

I was watching this whole thing unfold through my bino’s at 60 yards. It was awesome. Last year I saw 3 bobcats total for the season. This season I have already seen 3 bobcats. They must be doing very well here in Page County.

Top Bottom