Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bridge crossing??

2 years ago I posted on a bride crossing and killed a buck using it to cross. And there were many tracks crossing it already

Seen deer cross over a creek on a large fallen red oak so I would assume they would use a bridge if made to look and feel natural

This may sound crazy but build your crossing and box the top to create a seed bed. Plant grass. They will use it! I can’t recall the state but they had an area where deer were getting hit at a highway crossing. They bridged it and planted grass. It worked.

Im going to guess most wont set foot on a 3' wide bridge, especially if it has a hard surface thats slick or makes noise when their hooves hit it... Maybe if it was wider or had some kind of sides, heck I know a lot of grown men that wouldnt cross a 3' wide bridge without rails on it.

Ha! An old thread brought back from the archives. :) I forgot all about this one. As a follow up, I did put a culvert in and had a bulldozer push dirt over it to create a land bridge. Deer took to it right away...but when I last looked at this area last fall it was eroding enough that I am going to have to do something to shore it up this year. I never did build a mechanical bridge...but maybe I will this year. :)

I tried the bridge thing years ago. Even waterproofed the boards and covered with soil. Deer did not use it. If you want a preditor super hwy, they work great.

Top Bottom