Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Brush pants

muddy

I want to get some GOOD brush pants. Durability is #1 followed by waterproofness, comfort, thorn/briar proof, etc.

I'm wanting to use these for spot/stalking, deer drives, and run/gun situations for turkey hunting. Camo isnt necessary since by the time something is in gun range its already too late.

Really looking hard at the KUIU Axis Hybrids but open to other suggestions.

I wear my Carhartt double front pants for almost everything anymore; work, hunting, shed hunting etc.. For $40-60 bucks a pop, it will take a hell of a pant to get me to try something else. Lol Not waterproof, camo or windproof, but I bust right through Multi Flora patches shed hunting or get hung up on barbed wire and they hold up just fine. I've mostly been disappointed in the durability and price of most hunting pants I've tried. I'll be interested in what has worked for others for sure though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I was gonna recommend the firehouse pants also but have no clue if they are waterproof. They repel water to some degree but haven't worn them in the rain or dew yet.

Have you considered chaps? Iron cloth style chaps can be used with any style of pants. You can buy cheap fabric chaps and make them into iron cloth as a DIY project too. I tend to wear and blow my pants out in the crotch area from walking and crossing fences, no matter how much I spend on them or what they're made of. Using chaps allows me to go through pair after pair of pants without needing to replace the chaps. Something to think about anyway.

I have used the Filson Tin Cloth Claps. I bought them originally for bird hunting and then started to use them for deer/shed hunting. Have had the same pair for over 20 years and the only fringe to them is at the bottom where I have walked on them. Oil them every year or two.

https://www.filson.com/single-tin-cloth-chaps.html#sku=11014021-fco-000000072

Tin cloth! Yes, this is the stuff. Not iron cloth. Sorry about calling it the wrong name. Yes, they will wear forever.

Tin cloth! Yes, this is the stuff. Not iron cloth. Sorry about calling it the wrong name. Yes, they will wear forever.

I like them, because they are easy to put on and take off, I usually just have them rolled up in the truck, and can put them on when the need arises. I do have a pair of Carhartt insulated bibs in my truck also, but those are for more if having severe cold weather or vehicle has issues away from home.

I was looking at the Filson bibs... buy once save later. I hear people having the same Filson pants, chaps, etc for over 20-25years when taken care of properly.

The chainsaw companies are making pants now. Pretty much indestructible unless you run a chainsaw across your thigh. might be an option.

Those filson bibs look sweet, probably worth the money. Buddy has the Pnuma gear hunting pants and they seem pretty tough and they have lifetime warranty. I just wear my Duluth firehose pants when I go bird hunting and wear them at work. They’ve lasted 5-6 years so far w/ no holes yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the L L Beams Tek upland waterproof brier pants or the Men's Upland Field Pants with GORE-TEX (25% off right now)
A little pricey but not as bad as Orvis for example. I really like the L L Beams clothing that I've tried so far and great customer service.

Second vote for Filson. Had my chaps for about 15 years with no issues. I wear my Filson wool coat every winter and it still looks like new after 17 years.

Top Bottom