Brush pants

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by muddy, Dec 8, 2018 at 12:05 PM.

1. muddy

muddy Administrator

I want to get some GOOD brush pants. Durability is #1 followed by waterproofness, comfort, thorn/briar proof, etc.

I'm wanting to use these for spot/stalking, deer drives, and run/gun situations for turkey hunting. Camo isnt necessary since by the time something is in gun range its already too late.

Really looking hard at the KUIU Axis Hybrids but open to other suggestions.

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. meyeri

meyeri PMA Member

I wear my Carhartt double front pants for almost everything anymore; work, hunting, shed hunting etc.. For $40-60 bucks a pop, it will take a hell of a pant to get me to try something else. Lol Not waterproof, camo or windproof, but I bust right through Multi Flora patches shed hunting or get hung up on barbed wire and they hold up just fine. I've mostly been disappointed in the durability and price of most hunting pants I've tried. I'll be interested in what has worked for others for sure though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tim Hull and Sligh1 like this.
  4. muddy

muddy Administrator

Yes, I like my Carhartt bibs but I'm old enough that I feel I deserve to have a dry seat and legs when its wet out, be it rain or heavy dew

RoosterCogburn and meyeri like this.
  5. ArrowSlinger

ArrowSlinger New Member

Duluth trading fire hose pants they are made to withstand everything! I wear them shed hunting alot and the thorns never bother me at all! Rite around $50

6. muddy

muddy Administrator

They waterproof?