Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

brushy creek bass??

buckfever57

bowhunt or die
I love fishing any species but out of them all I LOVE catching bass. I have a few farm ponds that are good but can't always get access to them. Used to fish Paulina when it was good but since they killed some off its tough to get a bite. Okoboji is a little big for me since I don't have a boat only have a kayak. Just wondering how good is the fishing there? I've heard its awesome... if so what's some tips a tricks to fishing there such as what lures seem to work. Can I use a kayak on it or is it too big? Also how nice is camping if I come down with the family. Thanks!!

Brushy is awesome you will have plenty of choices to fish from with tons of structure sticking up out of the water ur kayak will be fine it's a no wake lake. You could catch a LMB,Walleye,Perch,Crappie,Muskie on any cast. We ice fish there in the winter and fish the crappie spawn which should be on anytime up there now. Good luck report how you do! BTW campground is TOP NOTCH.

Brushy is an awesome young lake. My folks used to host the equestrian camp ground there. There are plenty of crappies, walleyes, bass, and bluegills, the perch are a little more elusive and if your lucky you might hook into one of the tiger muskies

A kayak would work great in some of the coves that you cant get back into well from a larger boat lots of standing timber sticking out of the water

I love fishing any species but out of them all I LOVE catching bass. I have a few farm ponds that are good but can't always get access to them. Used to fish Paulina when it was good but since they killed some off its tough to get a bite. Okoboji is a little big for me since I don't have a boat only have a kayak. Just wondering how good is the fishing there? I've heard its awesome... if so what's some tips a tricks to fishing there such as what lures seem to work. Can I use a kayak on it or is it too big? Also how nice is camping if I come down with the family. Thanks!!

Great lake, tons of opportunities at catching quality fish. Some great bass fishing opportunities but they have a weekly bass tournament and the lake see's a ton of pressure so the bass fishing quality has gone down dramatically since the lake first was established. Send me a PM and I can point ya in the right direction, grew up fishing the lake.

Top Bottom