Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Brushy Creek Musky

Thefrgt10

PMA Member
Has anyone done any extensive fishing for musky in Brushy? Going to be making a trip up there for the first time for musky tomorrow. Its pretty close to home and I have heard good things but just have never fished for them up there.

Ive been on the lake a few times for bass and walleye so I know a little bit about the lake but just looking for a lilttle info on general areas that hold more musky then others.

Any info would help.

We will be in a boat and I have read a few things about the north end. Nice to have a comfirmation there.

All the trees make it a bit intimidating for sure but ill be stopping and buying a lure retriever before we head up.

Ill post any success we might have.

Thanks again fellas

We will be in a boat and I have read a few things about the north end. Nice to have a comfirmation there.

All the trees make it a bit intimidating for sure but ill be stopping and buying a lure retriever before we head up.

Ill post any success we might have.

Thanks again fellas

The north end can be productive however if I had limited time I would focus on the face of the dam on the south end. Much larger concentrations of fish especially with the drastic increase in water the lake has seen. They'll be running bait fish all over those rocks. As many have said the spillway is plum full of them, however it's unfishable right now with all the water flowing now. If you shoot me a PM I'd more than willing to share some more in depth spots with ya.

Well it took a couple of trips to get it figured out but wow was it worth it! I'd like to thank the few of you for the advice and will share my spoils. This trip only consisted of 4 hours and produced my 1st two muskies while actually trying to catch them. My only other musky was also caught on this lake but it was bass fishing and pry only 20" maybe.

After a few close calls I finally had this 32 hit on a figure 8 at the boat at around 8.

View attachment 2480

40 minutes later where the father and I had our 1st encounter of the day. She slammed the dawg about halfway in on the retrieve and I got to fight her a bit. 35" with some awesome girth to her.

ForumRunner_20140710_200947.jpg

Of course I have to thank and curse my old an for getting me addicted...it's an incredible feeling hooking into these fish. Pretty sure everyone on the lake heard me hook both fish.

I LOVE IT!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140710_200922.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140710_200922.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Congrats buddy! Awesome fish! Can't wait to see more fish you guys boat in future trips! Glad I could help ya out!

Top Bottom