Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buying a new 4 wheeler

Matthewfox_45

I’ll be buying a new 4 wheeler in the next month or two. I’ve never bought a brand new one before. How much haggling can you get away with when buying a new 4 wheeler?

Get prices from multiple locations and get them to compete with each other. Best way to keep them honest.

If your not set on new I know where an extremely lightly used Polaris 570 is. Comes with a plow I know.

I got online and got internet prices for as far as I was willing to drive. Presented the cheapest options to my local dealer and had him give me his best price to compete. He came in a little higher. The comparable quotes were from a model year older. The dealer admitted nothing changed in that model year compared to the latest, and in keeping it for a long time, so having an 18 vs 19 didn't matter to me. His price came back a little higher. I asked him to give me a good price on a winch, and he did, so I bought his. After the winch discount, it was pretty comparable, I didn't have to drive, and I have my local dealer business.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just bought a brand new Can Am last week....There was not a whole lot of haggling to be had but they threw in some extras like warranties and so on...tried talking them down but I can tell you first hand dealerships do not have a ton of margin on power sports machines.

It's probably hard to get a good deal on any kind of outdoor toys right now with covid.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just picked up a low mileage 2015 Honda Rubicon 500 last night. Definitely a little different on the trans vs my 05 Sportsman 700 but I have read some good things about the Honda's dependability as a work ATV (which is my main focus). The wife is under the impression that the Honda is "her machine" - lol (ya right) :cool:.

Back to your question - never bought a new ATV but prices seem strong vs some of the low mile used units I see listed. I have seen new Rubicons (EPS but otherwise basic features) or like models in that 500 cc category at around $6,500 (discounted/on sale). Later in the model year might bring deeper discounts when dealers dump the 2019 and 2020 models. More quality used units might also come into the market later in the year if the feds decide to tighten up the unemployment benefits currently in place and people need cash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom