Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CamoKid scores !

CamoMan

My son, Taylor, hunted hard during youth season (we missed the first weekend because of the hunter safety course), and was able to take this doe at the absolute last minute of the season. He had passed on several does, because he had taken one during last year's late muzzleloader season, and was hoping for a buck to show up. We had been hiding in an unpicked bean field, and had been watching a doe and her fawns. When they moved off, we had about 10 minutes of light left, so we decided to go check out the grass strip about 100 yards to the east. When we stood up, 12 deer bolted to our west (they had been within 60 - 80 yards and we couldn't see them). Taylor tried to get a shot at an extremely large doe, but she didn't give us a good shot. So, with about 2 minutes left, we headed to the grass strip. Within about 30 yards, we saw 6 more deer. I gave Taylor the shooting stick I had made, and he nestled the gun in and waited. One doe got curious, and walked within 50 yards. I told him to shoot where her neck joined the body. Seconds later, he shot, and she dropped. We were both very excited. There will be bucks in his future, but there wasn't a moment of the time I spent with my son that I regret (although getting into the poison ivy last week wasn't all that much fun). Now we can focus on bow season. . . .

Attachments

• 33557-2003Doe.jpg
    33557-2003Doe.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 15
congrats!!
waytogo.gif

Sounds like you had a great hunt! Congrats Camokid - that's a big doe.
beerchug.gif
(rootbeer of coarse)
grin.gif

awesome story and congrats to him on a great doe!!! i hope one like that walks by me this weekend!! goodluck guys!!
smile.gif

Top Bottom