Camouflaging tree stands

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by DE2IA, Jun 13, 2018 at 8:11 PM.

1. DE2IA

DE2IA Active Member

So I am looking to step up my game a bit and add camo to my tree stands. In the past I have zip tied branches to the ladder or nailed branches to the tree itself. I have used real branches and old artificial Christmas tree branches that have worked out great.
    I have a few new ladder stands to put up and I wanted to come up with a better system for mounting the branches. I know they sell numerous products but I have quite a few stands and am looking for the cheapest way.
    I have considered mounting pieces of pvc pipe to the stands so I could put fresh branches in each year. Or possible mounting a board under the stand platform that has holes in it for sticking branches in.
    Was just curious what some of you guys have done to hold branches around your stands.....any good ideas?
    Thanks!

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. EatSleepHunt

EatSleepHunt Member

I like the PVC idea. Paint it brown and ZIP tie it to your stand.

4. IowaBowHunter1983

IowaBowHunter1983 Super Moderator Staff Member

I like the artificial Christmas trees. Usually the "branches" are thick wire that can be hammered into the tree and then bent anyway you want. Do it once and you are done.

5. Sligh1

Sligh1 Administrator Staff Member

Yep- Christmas tree or cedars for me. I usually just do cedars cause it’s so easy & just redo em occasionally. PVC works well to so they stay where u want em to.