Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I Have Raccoon Problems - Let's Discuss Trapping & Management Methods

loneranger

I have taken out 9 coons so far. right from my yard! Never had so many. they are attacking my apple trees. apples are green yet? they don't eat em either. Just rip them down. Makes me so mad!!! I can only assume that since the corn fields around me are way behind and have no ears yet the critters are desperate. Don't look like there are gona be any ears either with the weather forecast. This is a plague. Least I am doing the birds and other things they devour a service. The trapping continues. who knows what the total will be ?

Shoot Shoot Shoot some more....That's frustrated, especially when they're ruining a good deer attraction like apples. I have squirrels taking all the green apples of my trees and running off with them! Never had that happen before, squirrels squirrels squirrels, their population is about to diminish!

Those dog proof foot traps. Awesome!!!! Cheap, easy. Peanut butter or anything u wanna throw in em

sounds efficient

Its grossly efficient. It will kill anything that drinks it so be aware of cats or dogs. It's also technically illegal I believe and we here at Iowawhitetail do not condone said activities... but my one landowner clapped gleefully when he found 7 dead coon the next morning with easy access to pick up and dispose of.

• Deleted by IowaBowHunter1983
Show…
I remember when HardCoreHunter posted similar pics of rabbits that were eating his garden. Then he got really belligerent. Then the DNR came to his house because of a "tip" he was poaching rabbits.

Good times

I remember when HardCoreHunter posted similar pics of rabbits that were eating his garden. Then he got really belligerent. Then the DNR came to his house because of a "tip" he was poaching rabbits.

Good times
How does that work it you are defending your garden, or chickens? are you in the clear?

Its grossly efficient. It will kill anything that drinks it so be aware of cats or dogs. It's also technically illegal I believe and we here at Iowawhitetail do not condone said activities... but my one landowner clapped gleefully when he found 7 dead coon the next morning with easy access to pick up and dispose of.

Yes, although the sweet taste from the soda is what helps to pull in the coons...this stuff will straight up kill whatever drinks it...including pets, and God forbid, a child. They don't make it far either, normally the dead coons are within feet of this mixture. Be careful. I don't recommend it personally, but I have seen where farmers have placed this stuff and wiped out every coon in the barn, etc.

How does that work it you are defending your garden, or chickens? are you in the clear?

That idiot broke the golden rule of "thou shall not be a belligerent douche bag" and pissed a bunch of people off when he should have just never said anything.

If you're defending your garden/chickens I would think a simple call to your game warden explaining the situation would get you the go ahead.

Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
Show…
FYI y'all. Iowa code is clear. If a fur bearer is about to do damage to domestic animal or private property you can take em out. Carry on.

542b2a74790f3b36400a314ce772d611.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I still repeat.... spend maybe $50-60 one time..... get a pile of these:
https://m.flemingtraps.com/duke-dog-proof-racoon-trap.html
Last forever & it’s more effective than “other methods” in my strong opinion. No worries on any issues & u will decimate them. When I do em at my house.... every day takes 2-5 mins to check & clear & reset. So simple it’s actually easier than “other methods”. I can set traps with no tools in maybe 15-20 seconds. I got lil steel cables (anything works that’s strong to secure it) & could leave em in same spot for years if u wanted.

I still repeat.... spend maybe $50-60 one time..... get a pile of these:
https://m.flemingtraps.com/duke-dog-proof-racoon-trap.html
Last forever & it’s more effective than “other methods” in my strong opinion. No worries on any issues & u will decimate them. When I do em at my house.... every day takes 2-5 mins to check & clear & reset. So simple it’s actually easier than “other methods”. I can set traps with no tools in maybe 15-20 seconds. I got lil steel cables (anything works that’s strong to secure it) & could leave em in same spot for years if u wanted.

I use them too and work great. Buddy and I trapped coons with them get a bag of cat food mix some jars of sweet cherries with it. Works like a charm!

Guys, pretty sure the poisoning is the issue. Not the part about protecting your garden and livestock. Be careful in this discussion.

On another note, is there anything that will work on coyotes? Terrible in my area and 0 fawns this year.
Ive had cams out since early spring and not 1 fawn pic yet.

Spent $1,000 last year to mudjack the cement floor of the barn due to groundhogs. Dogproofs won’t work there. 220s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom