Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Coronavirus/Stock Market

Status
  • Deleted by Hardwood11
  • Reason: Politics
I'm a financial advisor, I absolutely believe in diversifying.

My main point on energy stocks would be buying a stock like Valero Energy or Exxon Mobil for long term investing.

Accumulate shares at lower price that pay a 5-6% dividend and then re-invest into more shares.

I think the green push is overrated. Still going to need oil for many many things. For example not likely we will have electric or solar powered combines. Electric vehicles in general will not be popular in cold states.

Strong economy is dooms day for Democrats in November. The more hysteria the liberal media creates the more they effect things. I have yet to meet a medical professional that is that concerned. The damn flu kills 50,000 people in US annually!

IBH83 nailed it here. The fabrication of fear is the best way to take quickest control of large populations in unison. Disruption of services and products a true concern, but not what the MSM is hammering on, because it's more of a slow burn than contagion and death.

Here is data on COVOD19

confirmed cases

80+ years old 14.8%
70-79 years old 8.0%
60-69 years old 3.6%
50-59 years old 1.3%
40-49 years old 0.4%
30-39 years old 0.2%
20-29 years old 0.2%
10-19 years old 0.2%
0-9 years old no fatalities

Here is data on COVOD19

confirmed cases

80+ years old 14.8%
70-79 years old 8.0%
60-69 years old 3.6%
50-59 years old 1.3%
40-49 years old 0.4%
30-39 years old 0.2%
20-29 years old 0.2%
10-19 years old 0.2%
0-9 years old no fatalities

These #'s only pertain to China. Not worldwide. I assume that when this all plays out worldwide, and runs its course, the overall #'s won't be much different than that of annual influenza. Maybe a touch higher, but nothing like Ebola would be if it got a good foothold.

I didn't touch my investments, but I did capitalize by refinancing with a 25yr @ 2.875%. Practically free money. The market will recover, and much quicker than it did following the housing bubble crash. Mortgage rates may not get here again in my lifetime. When the next new virus hits the scene, I'm dumping all my holdings and investing in Clorox for at least a week before switching everythig back.

Some good buys out there right now stocks/dividend percentages..oil is worthless now I guess:cool:

The inverted yield curve trend that many have been tracking, (which predicts an economic recession within 24 months with a proven 80% historical accuracy, I believe), is coming into play. It just took the C-19 panic to trigger it. Sorry to say it guys, but we're entering into an official recession. The entire market is probably going to continue to slide before it bottoms out, and then it's going to take up residency there for a few months. Just my take on what's playing out right now. I hope I'm wrong, but doubt it.

Very possible some occupations will be shut down soon with the CV. Would you guys use that time... shed hunting, habitat work, new stands etc... ... while isolating ?:cool:

Very possible some occupations will be shut down soon with the CV. Would you guys use that time... shed hunting, habitat work, new stands etc... ... while isolating ?:cool:

My plan is to spend as much time outdoors as possible. Weather kinda crummy now but I’ll be taking the kids to the farm this upcoming week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking back at what COVID did to the economy, I can see how big was the influence, and we still don’t understand all the consequences. It changed many things, including many people’s lifestyles and the job market. But how did it influence trading? I am doing a little research on the topic and collecting opinions all across the internet about it.
I have never been into investing a lot personally, but I did some trading on social trading platforms once found on doughroller.net. It was a nice experience, and I even managed to make some money by following the example of more professional users. But it just wasn’t for me.

Last edited:
@QueueWhere COVID didn't do anything to the economy. The idiotic knee-jerk political responses to COVID did. You can't lock down the world and pump trillions of worthless $'s into the system without something major breaking. As for trading, taking and holding a cash position at the beginning of 2022 was the best move anyone could have made.

You have a bunch cash/savings that you dont need to spend anytime soon right now is a fantastic time to be buying up stocks/index funds etc. You will make out very well when the market turns around.

@sep0667 unfortunately, most folks were already invested and road this inflation / recession train down, so their investments are worth roughly 70% what they were 10 months ago. Everything has gone down, so may as well stay in the investments they're in and slowly ride it back up. Pretty much a repeat of 2008.

Status
  • Deleted by Hardwood11
  • Reason: Politics
Top Bottom