Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Coyote Hunting

blake

Life Member
I am big into calling coyotes. I use mouth calls and E-calls. I will be posting some photos of my hunts right after ML season is over.

How about the rest of you, any songdog hunters on here? :)

Last edited:
Im just starting to get into coyote hunting. I have not shot one yet by calling them in. I have shot them deer hunting before, but never calling them. Im hoping that will change.

I've killed a few. Several being called in, others through opportunity while deer hunting. I've been meaning to call more and more, but always seem to get distracted by goose hunting and late rifle doe season to fully concentrate on song dogs.

We killed over 70 last year with the hounds. And between me and my calling partner we dumped 26 to the caller. 5 have dropped to the call this year already, and its not even started yet. Once late muzzy is over the furballs will be flying.:way:

I love calling coyotes. Just got a new scope to put on my .223 and can't wait to try it out. We use mouth calls and an e-caller. First time I called (about 5 years ago) had a pack of 4 run right to me and I was hooked!

Predator calling is a very close second to chasin whitetails in my book. I've only been out once this year and had a yote hang up at 100yds in the brush. Never would have known he was there if I wasn't in my stand. After the 10th I'll be out every chance I get trying to call in the old wiley coyote:)

Kanati Tek

I bought an Kanati Tek coyote call. Never tried coyote calling and first night called in 10 and second morning called in 3. Killed 4 total. Total rush and am hooked on it. This is an amesome call. 10 hour battery life and 2 decoys on it also.

I am ready to charge up the Foxpro and let er rip!!! I have seen a ton of those suckers this fall.

As much as I love hunting mature bucks, yote hunting has always been my true passion. Been hunting them with my Dad since I was 8 or 9 years old. I go every chance I get rain or shine, cold or hot. I am up to 10 as of this morning for this fall/winter (19 between me and my hunting partner). Nothing gets me more jacked up than seeing a coyote or even better several coming in to the call.

Last edited:
I'm too into the sheds to find myself even getting the chance even though I think it'd be fun.

On the other hand, my friend and neighbor doesn't really get into shedding like me b/c he's hooked on yote hunting and called in and killed over 150 last yr.

Your friend is my new hero!!! 150 in one season is amazing. I thought I was having a good year with 22 last year.

I find lots of sheds while hunting yotes Kaare. You got to come up with a better excuse my friend. J/K I really do find sheds while out hunting.

I haven't been out yet but will hopefully give it a try this week.
Never shot one but am looking forward to it.

I've tried squealing a couple times next to a standing cornfield this year.. Haven't seen anything yet, but did have some pheasants kick up like something was headed my way.. he just never popped out

How about the rest of you, any songdog hunters on here?

I don't get after it hard but do try to get out a couple times each winter. All I have is a mouth call but it works ok. I'd like to take one with a flintlock sometime.

Last edited:
Top Bottom