Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer heart

arm

Leg
Could have swore there was a thread about this and since then, I was going to try it whenever the next deer was available. So here I am, without the steps. Just slice and saute in butter? Or are we breading and frying these or grilling these?

Prefer mine breaded with flour, seasoned with salt and pepper. Fry in oil with a little bit of butter.

Fried Is good. Heart used to be the group meal on second day of shotgun 1. My mom used to slice them about a quarter inch thick and put them in a slow cooker with some cream of onion soup and beef broth. Made amazing sandwiches after a long day of hunting. I will get the exact recipe.

I smoked a couple last year and they were great! I just ate them sliced cold. Also started saving the liver for liver and onions, it's also good.

I like it sliced thin, sprinkled with a little Cajun seasoning, then tossed in a hot skillet with olive oil and teriyaki sauce....2 min each side and hurt yourself.

my wife cuts them in thin strips and dehydrates in the oven for jerky treats for our dog.

Top Bottom