Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

deer in the fridge

D

deerman

Just filled my bonus doe tag tonite with bow.Man,I haven't shot a doe with an arrow for quite some time.It's very exciting when your hunting one instead of letting them pass knowing your not going to shoot.Thee old heart was a pumping.

Filled a doe tag with my recurve last weekend. Her stomach was full of acorns and green plants - no corn, even though a field was just a few hundred yards away.

I'm also holding a doe tag. I've been out 3x and could have filled the back of my truck with bucks and have yet to see a doe!
Would'nt you know.

I know how you feel. Last year I didn't harvest a deer. But this year I arrowed a nice 10 pointer on October 6 in the morning. It felt great to get down and get dirty gutting and dragging and showing off my prize. There is no better feeling than deer hunting in the fall!!!!

Saw 10 deer last evening.1 average buck 8 does,and let 4 pt.that had no brow tinse pass within 8 yrds...He did chase a doe and was grunting !! Man.I love this!!!

Saw two samall 8 pt chasing does on the edge off a corn field last night.Also seen four bucks grouped up in the same are after dark when walking out all in the 135-150 class range!Iam going to let them settle in for a week kmowing that i bumpped them and set up a ground blind a try to catch the coming into the field if they dont pick it this week?The trail cominng in looks like a cow path?

I was out Sat & Sun this past weekend with my front loader. I didn't see any pre-rut activity, in fact I had trouble locating deer. Early am & late pm heading to food plots. There's alot of corn & beans still in the fields where I'm hunting and I don't think they have any need to leave the security and food. Seen one doe with a fawn, and four small bucks. It's cool watching a small buck bed down 40 yards from your set-up and not realize you're even there!

Top Bottom