Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Depredation Tags

nontyp

Does anyone know if nonresidents qualify to buy depredation tags? I can't find anything that says otherwise, but I haven't tried to purchase one since I became a nonresident. If they do qualify I could save a lot of money on my nonresident tag.

Duck for cover because this one is going to get heated real quick. It may be safer to wear deer fur in the woods during gun season than ask that specific question in this specific forum. No answer will surprise me here.....

Duck for cover because this one is going to get heated real quick. It may be safer to wear deer fur in the woods during gun season than ask that specific question in this specific forum. No answer will surprise me here.....

Ha Ha. Yeah I think I might apply for one, bucks are raking all the trees I planted and I might need a tag (buck only)!!

If Iowa is anything like south Dakota the tags are only for residents and who qualify for them.

I think you're right it is just restricted to residents. I found the actual law and it says residents only. Im not the landowner, he already has the permits and is in an area of extremely high deer numbers. Just trying to harvest some extra does to help manage the herd.

I think you're right it is just restricted to residents. I found the actual law and it says residents only. Im not the landowner, he already has the permits and is in an area of extremely high deer numbers. Just trying to harvest some extra does to help manage the herd.

I've always thought it would be nice to have some reasonably priced doe tags for NR landowners to control the population, but that idea does not seem to very popular with some R hunters.

Top Bottom