Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Des Moines Register article GOOD STUFF

Actually, after a quick read of the linked article, I was very impressed with her position at this time. It is VERY refreshing to encounter elected officials that are listening to their real constituents and not the just the big donors. I fully realize that both Sen. Cournoyer and Sen. Celsi probably don't see eye to eye on all matters, but both are actively listening to the people of Iowa on this matter and I respect that immensely...as it relates to both of them. Nice!! Thank you!!

Ya, this particular rule doesn't allow ALL cartridges like I was first lead to believe but it's definitely just the first step to it.

Great to see we are making a difference. Enormous thanks to Bonk for posting stuff like this. Most people never even know these bills exist (I'm sure that was the plan on this one in particular).

Holy cow!!!! I agree 100% with a Democrat on this issue & think the repubs suck!!!!! ;)

Bravo Sen Celia- extremely well written & thought out. Positions of common sense like this are welcome, & unfortunately rare it seems. I hope to see More politicians thinking, voting & speaking out like this. Regardless of a (D) or (R) - our precious resources should rise above that & both sides need to unite. I applaud Sen Celia on this!!

I get it that this is good publicity, but wouldn't you expect a D to oppose what the NRA is supporting? I appreciate the article by Senator Celsi, but it would be dramatically more impressive for an R to speak up and support conservation over a bogus 2nd amendment bill supported by the NRA. That is why I am more impressed by Senator Cournoyer. She appears to have the guts to look this over and go against the NRA. That is impressive for a R.

Who really cares if it would be more impressive from a republican than a democrat. As much as we are on opposite sides of the fence/wall :) with the other party on a daily basis I’m just happy that she took interest in what we had to say and agrees with my point of view on the bill at hand.

I get it that this is good publicity, but wouldn't you expect a D to oppose what the NRA is supporting? I appreciate the article by Senator Celsi, but it would be dramatically more impressive for an R to speak up and support conservation over a bogus 2nd amendment bill supported by the NRA. That is why I am more impressed by Senator Cournoyer. She appears to have the guts to look this over and go against the NRA. That is impressive for a R.

Based on her latest response, senator cornoyer wants to leave the door open to a similar bill with different language. She hasn’t said she will outright vote no on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ASSUMING the "differnet language" will include the 1.8" case length limit. But the .350 to .50" cal language will stay (as it is now in the existing law)

But the bottle neck allowance will remain.

So the 375 SOCOM and 458 SOCOM, as well as a few other cartridges, are still in...

The 1.8" case length limit will probably be used as a bargaining chip, to come to a sort of compromise between the two sides of this issue

In my opinion, leaving the bottle neck language (or NON-STRAIGHT CASE), with a case length limit allowance of 1.8" in the bill... is still a Gateway for future legislation that will include all bottlenecked rifle cartridges during the deer gun season

I feel as any change is just a gateway and it all started with the straight wall. How many years did people kill deer just fine with shotguns, muzzleloaders and pistols. Since we've changed the law it's been a constant battle. AR pistols in late season, straight walls in the gun season, trying to expand those cartridges and I don't see them laying off anytime soon. The straight wall law just broke the seal.

Top Bottom