Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

dinosaur tooth?

My 9 yr old daughter went down to the nearby creek with her friend tonight and brought home a bunch of junk (treasures). She's telling me about each piece, I'm listening to her.. glass, rock, shell, bottle cap, ect. She then catches me off guard with "Oh yea and I found this dinosaur tooth".

anybody got any idea what it's from? cow, horse, buffalo?

100_0958.JPG

100_0962.JPG

100_0941.JPG

That reminds me of something funny when i was little.. I found a bunch of big (cow) bones out in an old pasture at my grandmas.. I thought they were dinosaur bones.. so i took them to school to show everybody.. haha. But that tooth you've got there does look interesting.. maybe take it to a biologist or a museum and see if someone can age it for you.

My mother-in-law had some dental work done recently...Maybe something missed the dumpster /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grasshopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My mother-in-law had some dental work done recently...Maybe something missed the dumpster /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

You got a belly laugh out of me on that one, Ha,ha! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Me and my buddy have found alot of those in creeks ill have to take a picture of all of our bones, fossils, etc. all piled together sometime. That is cow im pretty sure. Although we have found a few bison bones. I had an archaelogist tell me one piece i have is 12,000 years old. Older than any of my indian artifacts.

Hopefully you keep that around and your daughter can look at it 50 years from now and remember that day!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shovelbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prehistoric Bison.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Plant eater for sure. </div></div>

Amazonian Vegan.

Took me a while but finally found this photo. Your's looks like the three Bison teeth circled in this pic.

552teeth_11.jpg

I have one also that I picked up in a favorite artifact hunting spot, I have also found semi-fossilized bones in this area. This tooth is very dense. My guess is mammal of some sort. Sounds like you have a real outdoors addict developing there.
Tooth.jpg

Top Bottom