Displaying sheds with mount- ideas?

Discussion in 'Iowa Whitetail Conference' started by IowaBowHunter1983, Jun 9, 2019.

1. IowaBowHunter1983

IowaBowHunter1983 Super Moderator Staff Member

Curious what y'all have done for displaying sheds with/by/near shoulder mount. Got sheds off two different deer I should be getting back shortly from last year. Be neat to have sheds by mounts

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. LYON

LYON PMA Member

Are you wanting them in an upright "mounted" position to show the progression from one year to the next? I'd personally tie the previous sheds to a piece of string or something and hang them right below the mount. That way you can still hold them. Not really a displayed setup, but they would be right there with the deer.

Sligh1 likes this.
  4. Sligh1

Sligh1 Administrator Staff Member

Same here. I’m not very creative but I have some
    Camo String I hang off the rack. Interesting to hear what anyone with creativity exceeding a rock does (about my level).

5. Hair&Scales

Hair&Scales New Member

Could use shed beds on both sides of mount, you can tilt them so they are in upright position. I found shed straps on you tube which is basically a leather strap that interwinds with the brow tine easy on and easy off, look it up, I have been trying to find the seller or site for them but cant any help?

6. Tmayer13

Tmayer13 PMA Member

rack hub?