Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DNR public ICN meetings

Ok people here is your chance to have your say. Last year we had a very POOR turn out at the Creston Meeting. Lets see what happens this year.

DNR TO HOLD LISTENING SESSION ON FALL HUNTING AND TRAPPING REGULATIONS

DES MOINES - The Iowa Department of Natural Resources is hosting public meetings over the Iowa Communications Network on February 26 from 6 to 9 p.m., to listen to the public’s thoughts on the hunting and trapping regulations for this fall.
These meetings are part of the process for making rules in state government.
“Any rule changes must be discussed with Iowa’s citizens who might be impacted by the changes before the rule changes are proposed. The process helps ensure that rule changes serve the public’s wishes and do not impact Iowa’s economy,” said Dr. Dale Garner, chief of the wildlife bureau.
At each meeting DNR staff will facilitate a discussion about what went well last fall, what didn’t, and what changes hunters and trappers would like to see for this fall.
These discussions along with the data that the wildlife bureau collects on harvest and population numbers will be used to develop recommendations for any rule changes this fall. Any changes must be approved by the Natural Resource Commission and then go back to the public for further comment before taking effect next fall.
Meetings will be held in Boone, Calmar, Cedar Falls, Chariton, Council Bluffs, Creston, Davenport, Forest City, Fort Dodge, Johnston, Marshalltown, Ottumwa, Peosta, Sac City, Sergeant Bluff, Sheldon, Solon, Spencer and West Burlington.
Complete ICN locations are available online at www.iowadnr.gov/hunting

If you think deer numbers are too low in your area you need to make every effort to be at one of these meetings and speak your mind. It may not help but it certainly could not hurt...

How many of you are planning on attending the ICN meeting in your area. I'm curious as to how many forum talkers we have compared to people willing to spend a couple of hours to try and make a difference.

Got it on my Calender to be at the Davenport meeting as long as no kids sporting events get in the way.

We need guys to go to these badly!!! Turn out was poor last year at many. "I'll let others show up and take care of things" does not work. We're all busy, all have things going on. We are not being represented like we need to be. PLEASE go, send this around, speak up - we are at a critical time and need folks with the good ideas on here to speak at the meetings. No more internet complaining, especially if you don't attend. Show up!

I am going to try to make it to the one in Johnston. I did not make it last year, but I know there were several from this site there two years ago.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr...ssion/files/NRC Member Information 050113.pdf

I'll go one step further. The link above goes to the list of folks on the Natural Resources Commission. It's my understanding that these folks get to determine what rules change and what rules don't, even if the DNR folks say they should change. "Who is really in charge?" is a question I would like answered on the 26th and if it is as I suspect I'll be emailing the group above and expressing my concerns as well.

We need guys to go to these badly!!! Turn out was poor last year at many. "I'll let others show up and take care of things" does not work. We're all busy, all have things going on. We are not being represented like we need to be. PLEASE go, send this around, speak up - we are at a critical time and need folks with the good ideas on here to speak at the meetings. No more internet complaining, especially if you don't attend. Show up!

Well said thank you.

TTT - FEBRUARY 26, WHICH IS A WEDNESDAY THIS UPCOMING WEEK, 6-9 PM AT A LOCATION NEAR YOU! We are in desperate need of attendees with mindset of folks on here. Are you going? Mark this down, please attend folks, middle of the week, in the evening and at a location close to you. Can't get much better for convenience or at a better time with the state of our hunting & future of it.

Who from here is attending the meeting in Boone? I am gonna try to be there. Would like to say HI, to any from this site.

Top Bottom