Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Does anyone..

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
Have an early season buck patterned?? Here is your chance to call your shot. Are you gunna kill?

I believe I do.. walks the fenceline by my stand every morning but may change with the corn coming out this week. Hoping Thursday is the day.

spent the last hour going over google earth in connection to my stand and trail camera placements.

Last edited:
Oct 5th cold front. Now if I just had a shooter on cam

Since we haven't checked cams for awhile, I can't say that we have a specific buck on a specific pattern at this time. However, with a very nice cold front coming in this weekend and how we have things laid out over the years with thick bedding areas and funnels leading to nice food plots, I can just about guarantee that my youngest son will have his pick of a few nice ones Saturday evening.

While our current season specific knowledge is lacking, we have a set that is dynamite for an early season cold front with a NW wind. We shot a nice one last year on the first sit in an almost identical situation and I suspect this year could be just like last year.

Honestly, I've got at least a half dozen patterned that I'd consider good deer and I know are mature. I am just not really wishing to pull the pin on any of them. I may regret it later on but for the next few weeks I will still be looking for one I would consider great. I wish kids could hunt younger here, they would both soon be having their photo taken with a very nice mature buck.

Finally got a mature buck on camera in the last week, but only once. Have had a few decent bucks, but thinking they might be young and were still in velvet at the time. Need to pull cards again soon! Would guess it will be late October-early November before I get a chance at a good one.

I have this one passing through 2-3 evenings a week but with all the corn still in I don't think I could get to my stand without bumping him. Going to to see if I can get my sister a crack at him during early muzzy.
dea64178f904828163159bfbf1c302bb_zpse8b8380a.jpg

Top Bottom