Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dream Lake

Re: Dream Lake plans scraped

I'm pretty glad to see this plan get drowned. I know a lot of landowners that would have been in the path. I do believe there was some real big money backing it, and one name in particular kept coming up. They were thinking it would cost about 140 million for the land, and another 300 million or more to do the project. One of my 40-acre spots was wanted for lots, and would have had 40 lots (priced at about $130,000 each). A friend from church would have had their property about 60 foot under water. They were being told that their houses would sell for $250 per square foot, plus outbuildings at $50 per square foot. Land was being bid at $10,000 per acre, plus some were being offered lake lots. Guess I better get my pennies saved up, and buy my ground one of these days (and not in Dallas county).

Also glad to see it get drowned. I was standing to lose probably close to 1000 acres of hunting, collectively that is. There are also over 20 different Indian Burial Ground sites within the reaches of Dream Lake that would have been severely disrupted, pretty much destroyed or drowned, that is. Not worth it. There were some pretty heated debates going on at some of the meetings they held, with reason. That area is already beautiful as it is, yet the developers argument was that it would MAKE the area beautiful. Can somebody tell me how that would be accomplished by building a couple thousand identical homes and then restricting access to the lake? Dumbshits.

Makes me think about the gated type community that was recently built off 76 above the Yellow River. Ya gotta wonder how much land we will loose to sprawl. Though it's not my land, it's still is dissappointing to see.

Top Bottom