Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Early ML

blaze must be worn if you are muzzle hunting, it doesn't have to be worn by bowhunters, out at the same time (i beleive). it would be wise to wear orange while traveling into and out of stands durring muzzle season

Thanks for the info. My son was at my place yesterday and shot the ML I got him last Christmas for the first time. He asked me if he had to wear orange and I thought he did.

So anything hunted with a firearm, the hunter needs to ware blaze orange? Except waterfowl and turkey?

I suppose I could look it up but this is soooo much easyer and I'm all about easy.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you're deer hunting with a gun you'd best have the orange crush on.</div></div>

Plus, if you're hunting out of a ground blind in any gun season the blind must have a 12" x 12" patch of blaze orange visible from all four sides. I'm sure most of you know about this new reg but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Solid orange....
no parrot pattern, as Rudd mentioned..... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

The MINIMUM for deer hunting with a gun, regardless of the season, is a solid blaze orange vest. Those bird vests with just the orange pockets and shoulder patches DO NOT count as many think.

To pheasant hunt the minimum is an orange hat that is at least 50% orange.

Ditto to the above on ground blinds. We have done this for several years on our farm just so the neighbors know to not lob a slug in our direction. It works pretty well.

I always wear at least an orange vest and a hat. When you are walking over a hill what is the first thing a hunter will see? Yup, your head. Mine is going to be wearing an orange hat!
Hope this helps.

Top Bottom