Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

EHD Survivors?

Ishi

PMA Member
I’ve taken in several deer in fact five this year that have this abnormally on the brisket. Another one came in yesterday that also has this in the same spot. That’s when the light bulb came on. I don’t remember seeing these spots during the last EHD outbreak.
These deer are coming from many different locations so I’m wondering if these deer are survivors of the disease and part of the cell destruction?
Has anyone else see these spots on deer this year? I’ll send the deer biologist a email when I get time.
Discussion......

fe5e37b79e95f1bf2ae4df090ebf215b.jpg

eb74531962e1237506c6c96e856a132f.jpg

This is from another deer

9329b9c5a148f8bd33f14e93c0436d03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. The buck that my son shot in early November had something kind of like this too. It was darker though, it looked sort of like a mole or even a scab. I assumed it was a wound healing up or something like that. So I am not sure if it is the same thing or not, but it is right in the same place.

Hmmmm. The buck that my son shot in early November had something kind of like this too. It was darker though, it looked sort of like a mole or even a scab. I assumed it was a wound healing up or something like that. So I am not sure if it is the same thing or not, but it is right in the same place.
You described it very well daver! I’m seeing a trend and it will be interesting if more come in that way!
Bowfisher Ben’s deer is the first two pics! No issues on his as it will get cut off.

Top Bottom