Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

EHD?

I just read a statement from Jay Gregory where he said he fears the herd has been “slaughtered”again this year by EHD in southern Iowa. Anyone seeing any signs of this in their areas??

He also said in the same post that he hasn’t found any dead deer, he just doesn’t have any bucks on cam so he’s assuming it’s ehd.

I heard Lee County has 1100 cases so far this year along with another county having 600+ two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
With social media these days we would know in a hurry. Especially since a lot of folks are in the woods messing with stands, etc. At this point I would be very skeptical of wide spread ehd. Yes there will be isolated pockets every year.

As for Jay's reasoning.... not really buying it.

have a farm that I just pulled cams off of. It has been basically devoid of bucks and then bam... They are there. I think it's a combination of how hot and dry it has been and from my observations a bumper acorn crop. Deer are/were really displaced.

Last edited:
I heard Lee County has 1100 cases so far this year along with another count having 600+ two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw that on his facebook post as well, if there was 1100 cases confirmed im sure we would be plastered with pictures from the area. Im 20 minutes from lee county and havent heard a peep and know several guys who hunt there.
I havent gotten any shooter bucks on camera yet but i have a good steady supply of healthy does and fawns so the bucks are nearby somewhere. Lots of little bucks though
Im in Jefferson county.

Any more recent news, just heard one guy in Northern Missouri says he thinks he has a case of EHD on his farm

we found a floating doe in a fairly shallow pond this weekend. I'd be a nickel it's EHD
8ff1d3a7e66a50065b09afe7db2edd8a.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom