Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Everything Turkey 2018

Muddy, you and your offspring are ruthless on those longbeards. Congrats on a heck of a season.

Oops!!! Little to close on this one
e08f570bd3193ac559fe59a4b7f114d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catching up today and a little rest. 1st season bird here at home. Looking for an upgrade.
20.5 lbs.
left spur=.875
right spur=1"
beard=10"
score=59.25
Iowa whitetail 1.jpg
Next stop Wyoming. The birds roosted here and a miss occurred here also. No excuses on my part. Birds out there seemed to be just getting started.
cemetery turkey.jpg
That was on the last day. On to Nebraska. My grandsons got a family vacation and met me out there. Birds there were completely done and not interested. We managed to get them each one by being around the roost trees in late afternoon. Fire had swept through parts of Pine Ridge Forest in 2012. No cover or trees.
Andrew turkey.jpg
Jacob turkey.jpg
Still working on two more tags.

Update on the Project. One of these two hit the dirt this morning. I'm going to guess it was the strutter. Only one came out this morning. He didn't roost the usual place. In fact I sit down only 100yds. from him and didn't know it till daylight. He must have heard me as he stayed in the tree till almost 7:00. Thought he had hens with him but nope. I had my cap leaned way down as the sun was on my shining face. Two squirrels were shall we say playing and I couldn't hear him pitch out. I peeked up once and he was going out to the dekes only 20 feet from me. Dekes were out 25 yds. and he went into strut when he got there. I took the long range gun today and didn't need it. The wad from the Win. longbeards was 5 feet from him. They are tight and not my preferred. He was a upgrade and tomorrow will be my last day.
Weight=22lbs. 8 ounces
Left spur=1.125
Right spur=1.125
Beard=9.5"
Score=64
fence turkey.jpg whitetail turkey.jpg

I love it when I have to visit the DNR reporting site on a beautiful morning like this.

I love it when I have to visit the DNR reporting site on a beautiful morning like this.

Congrats Rjack!!
Your morning started better then mine
Woke up to this......
225147aea90be813fb1f31473375f9aa.jpg

Then went back to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just passing along the success of a guy from work. Today he told me he shot a pretty big turkey last wk. I didn't think much of it and told him nice job amd congrats. Later on at break he showed me a pic! Holy cow! I told him that's the best bird I've ever seen and he should mount it. He laughed and said now you tell me. He said it was only his second bird ever!

24lb
43 inch total in 5 beards
1 1/4 spurs

Total score of 135 WOW!

He was by himself and this was his only pic.
a68ac4ea62e13a71da48c76e39b88582.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Just passing along the success of a guy from work. Today he told me he shot a pretty big turkey last wk. I didn't think much of it and told him nice job amd congrats. Later on at break he showed me a pic! Holy cow! I told him that's the best bird I've ever seen and he should mount it. He laughed and said now you tell me. He said it was only his second bird ever!

24lb
1 1/4 spurs

Total score of 135 WOW!

Good Lord lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

24lb
1 1/4 spurs

Total score of 135 WOW!

I’m not really interested in a mounted turkey but that could change my mind!
Awesome to see. Thanks for posting

Well who would have thought. My wife has seen a hen around the yard this spring. I saw her once and looked to be a older hen. While mowing the dog pen I ran over this nest. She nested in the same pen as my pyrenees.
house nest.jpg
This is the area we hunted in Nebraska. Can you see my grandson? He is the one with his head down. He had only been there about 5 minutes.
sleeper.jpg

Top Bottom