Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Favorite Broad head??

Windwalker

Life Member
I've started collecting Broadheads.I'm curious what's everyones pick is???
doah.gif

Windwalker, Check out Ebay for collectable heads. There are still a few deals to be had on the old Pearson and Bears, along with quite a few others. Maybe Buckhusker will jump in here to help you out. He has quite a collection that he has aquired over the years. It's quite a fastenating and addictive hobby.

Wensel Woodsmans, with a close second being the big Magnus two blades.( I'm one of those longbow throwbacks)
wink.gif

all4s try grim reepers mechincals i started using them this year and i am very impressed with them. they give you great blood trails and penatration

I am on my second year with the Snypers I am very satisfied with them. Lastyear I used the 100 grain with carbons and this year the 125 with 2216s. with all theses antlerless tags and my landowner tags I have shot 6 or 7 deer in that 2 years with phenomenal blood trails. I put one through the shoulder on a 200 pounder this year not much penetration but the head stayed together , and the deer didnt go far.. They fly nice too and they are easy to resharpen

Steelhead 125's for windy days, or a place that doesn't have as clear of shooting lanes as we'd like, or if we are doing what my friend and I call run, rattle, and arrow (basically going from ditch to ditch rattling to find bucks) because we normally wont carry a quiver, usually shove them in the back pocket or a side pocket (closed position obviously). Muzzy 125 3 blades for more clear areas, non-windy days, and only for treestand hunting.

Use to use Thunderhead 100's with my lighter bow and had a shot at a doe where i barely clipped a small limb and sent the arrow into the dirt and with that little clip it broke one of the blades out. Personally i see that the design allows the blades to be too flimsey and if it broke when it hit the tree, how badly would it fall apart when it hit the bone? The muzzy interlock design i think is better and the neighbor had a pass through on a doe last year with muzzys (sidenote: the doe was only at a whole 6 yards broadside), crushed bone with the chisel tip kept going, smashed into a tree that was behind the doe. When we pulled out the muzzy that was a good 2" into the tree it was still intact, the tip was smashed a little, and the blades were out of line but you'd expect that when it hits a tree. Overall i just dont like the thunderheads, but love the muzzys and steelheads, both leave great bloodtrails.

Others may hate muzzys or steelheads but its all personal preference.

Just my $0.02, better get back to feeling better and sleeping, managed to catch a cold while out deer hunting yesterday
doah.gif

Huntn4life88
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
sniper.gif

I shot G-5 Montecs 125's and Magnus Stinger 125's this year both heads produced passthroughs on deer and good blood trails. I think for me, the Montecs flew better down range > 40yds. in practice situations.
peace.gif

Top Bottom