Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fencing question

Thinkin Rut

PMA Member
I have a nice brushy fence line that needs a new fence. I'd like to keep as much of the cover as possible...what is a minimum amount of room they would need to install if I hired it done? Thanks for any input!

Well, I have seen fence attached to live trees plenty of times. But I sense that is not how you would like to proceed. How long of a stretch? If it is relatively short, I think you could ask the installers to use a hand operated auger and then you might not need anything for clearance, or very minimal.

If a longer stretch, then they probably would like to get a tractor(or similar device) in to use to drill the post holes. 6 feet??

It's a quarter mile so I'm sure they'll want all their equipment back there...so 10 feet should be way good enough?

10 feet should be plenty. We just had to clear out an area for a new fence and the installer just asked for enough room for a skid loader to operate and turn to pound posts or drill the occasional hole.

Last edited:
You would think not a bunch of room, but true story here.
People doing it said 25'.
Farmer cut everything out including big and nice apple trees.
Made me sicker than sh!t
Actually 3 years later still sick about it.

Yes...trying to avoid any regrets.
I build fence, mostly high tensile for property definition, I would prefer 10-12' personally but I also care about the habitat side as its what I do also. It gets tighter than you think when building

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom