Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Filming Solo !

Jbohn

Going to try and film my first hunt this year and solo to boot. I really just realized how hard it was this year turkey hunting gave me a lot more respect for those who do and just how hard it is. Purchased a 4k recorder and am learning it. I'm pretty bad :) , any tips are appreciated I know a lot of you post some pretty awesome videos.

A friend of mine talked me into giving it a shot. Seems like a lot of work I have mixed feelings felt like I just want to hunt but also said hey it's worth a try.

Thanks

Going to try and film my first hunt this year and solo to boot. I really just realized how hard it was this year turkey hunting gave me a lot more respect for those who do and just how hard it is. Purchased a 4k recorder and am learning it. I'm pretty bad :) , any tips are appreciated I know a lot of you post some pretty awesome videos.

A friend of mine talked me into giving it a shot. Seems like a lot of work I have mixed feelings felt like I just want to hunt but also said hey it's worth a try.

Thanks
..l .i.i m .wh manatm.what
K I'llk. Thanks

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Every year at the beginning of turkey season I get all fired up to film one but then by the third time out Im swearing its bad luck lol, good luck in your venture. Dont forget to hit record.

Practice practice practice! Just takes time to get use to it. Big thing would be to practice on a tree setting up the camera stand and the setup so you get a feel for when you’re doing it in the dark some morning. If you have a stand that overlooks a plot the deer hit in the summer, practice going out and treating it like a hunt and work on filming the deer and your entire setup. Will pay off once season comes around. Tons of youtube videos on how to set up and the ins/outs. Good luck! It gets addicting when you start to lay down awesome footage!

I'm for from great at it but I have successfully harvested a few bucks on film while self filming. For me, I like the camera arm on my right side (I'm right handed) attached very close to my right mid rib area when sitting. This allows me to film non target deer through the day without standing if I want. When I stand the camera arm is at my upper thigh / hip area and I can move it with my right hand or with my leg a bit, to the right anyway, if I need to. While I don't have one, doubling with a bow mount cam will help fill in the gaps that you will no doubt miss while self filming. If I get my shot on film there is normally a gap between the impact of the arrow and the time it takes me to get back on the animal, hopefully falling over. Allow more time for set up and take down with camera arm, camera, etc. It won't be perfect. Finding the right zoom range of not too zoomed in but not zoomed so far out you can't see much is the key. I tend to favor zoomed in more than out. I'd rather have better detail of the hit. The problem with zoomed more is they often walk out of my field of view and I miss the shot. Practice with some doe harvests early season. Lastly, don't let it take away your enjoyment. If you get it, great, but if not, don't sweat it.

Self filming deer sucks. Self filming turkeys doesn't suck as much. Sorry, good luck, and hope it turns out for ya.

Top Bottom