Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally moving

Reit38

After my latest camera check I was glad to see some bucks are starting to move back into the river bottoms after the flooding this year. Prior to this pull I had aloof water pics and even ducks swimming by. Also believe I lost one camera to the flood, still need to check it out. These 2 guys showed up the past 2 weeks. Hard letting them walk being surrounded by public that is proven time and time again that if its brown it's down. I'd be happy with a 140s 8 but we may have to wait another yr.

19adea88ab90ff91a0a3d34c48f101c8.jpg
6ce418e019d62629d37f2096907fe153.jpg
4ee4c40156734b9003b09dcebeaaa62e.jpg
ccde3e8ebe855dc69f21ca1bf6058fcd.jpg
b13e7a8ce59419b5e667f23e5834fa9b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear but dont give up hope rut is starting and you never know what will walk buy !!!

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

Finally saw some bucks on camera starting to follow does. Still holding together and had a little antler testing but no hard pushing or shoving. Time to get out there

Finally saw some bucks on camera starting to follow does. Still holding together and had a little antler testing but no hard pushing or shoving. Time to get out there

Saturday evening I had a little forkie bumping a doe around in front of me for an hour or so. So I shot the doe. :)

So far, I am 3 for 3 on does with my new bow on 2 sits. Buck shooting time is now at hand. :)

• Deleted by Reit38
Show…
Youd let them walk? You obviously dont live near my area!
The one with brows is definitely nice. Since Ive started hunting I've tried to focus on 140" and up. Hence why I only have one deer on my wall

& it’s only gonna get better with each day in front of us. Good luck to u - hope u get a crack & have an awesome season.

HEY ,,If you have much property and lots of food plots,, lots of deer,,lots of big horn, go for it! Wait for that giant!! Not my area. Again I am not a horn hunter. I have taken a 4 or 5 yr old buck every second year or so. Most would have a LOW score antler wise.. Done alright considering my area has been called the poaching capital by more than one of my neighbors. I like to wait for the challenge of an older animal regardless of antler . I take one doe. There are just too few deer period around me to justify taking anymore than that. This season is really slow. tons of standing corn close by. DRY weather. Kinda wonder what the farmers are waiting for? My attitude is due to fact

HEY ,,If you have much property and lots of food plots,, lots of deer,,lots of big horn, go for it! Wait for that giant!! Not my area. Again I am not a horn hunter. I have taken a 4 or 5 yr old buck every second year or so. Most would have a LOW score antler wise.. Done alright considering my area has been called the poaching capital by more than one of my neighbors. I like to wait for the challenge of an older animal regardless of antler . I take one doe. There are just too few deer period around me to justify taking anymore than that. This season is really slow. tons of standing corn close by. DRY weather. Kinda wonder what the farmers are waiting for? My attitude is due to fact
Where is your farm at? I know there’s some beat up areas but you make that place sound like it’s worse than public land in Pennsylvania or Michigan.

Any guesses on what the one with brows would score? I'm assuming lows 30s, if that?

Last edited:
Well I think it is pretty good considering. But from what I read on here for Iowa guess it doesn't rate. Was told by a member that this was a Tough area. Too much open country and poaching a problem. Compared to where I left, NE Lower Penn of MI it is superb! For Iowa not so great. I am satisfied. I basically hunt for food. I like to see a mature animal that made it past my neighbors and the poachers. By mature I mean 4 yrs old and up. antlers are just a curiosity ...Not enough total deer around to ever take more than ONE doe. For a few yrs I didn't take any. would see maybe 5 does during 3 weeks of hunting in Nov. A few more now however. Land pretty much devoid of deer right now. I blame it on all the standing crop yet around here. Warm dry weather now for wks. Where are the farmers? Thanks for asking...

Top Bottom