Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally

risto2351

Sorry this has taken so long but I figured if I didn't at least get one of my
birds up JJohnson would not be happy with me. :rolleyes:

After two successful youth weekends with my kids I finally had a chance
to get out and hunt on my land where I was seeing a Tom with two hens
working a field behind my house. I could not hunt first season but was
able to get a hunt in second season after a successful hunt with a friend
the day before that took out my bully jake.

I set up in the field the night before and already had everything set for the next morning (much easier for the next day's hunt ). I had a couple hens come through but they did not have any suitors following.
I heard a few birds flying up to roost but none came down or gobbled from behind me all morning.

I was beginning to second guess my decision when I looked to the North and saw two hens, a jake and a Tom moving my way.
I knew that if I sat here long enough I would see one eventually (Yeah who was I kidding :rolleyes:)

They were two hundred yards away but making steady progress to me. After 15 minutes I could see that they were going to be at least in the area but had to get them to me now for a shot with my bow.

I moved my strings for my upright and feeder and the Tom took notice. The hens and jake were 20 yards to my right and the Tom decided that he wanted to talk with the DSD jake.

After giving my jake the business he finally had his back to me and I drew back. I tried to shoot between my draw cords in my DB with my Magnus Bullheads and now know that was a bad decision. :(

The Tom just got a little skittish and started to walk away. I brought a Jak-Hammer just for this occasion and decided to take the shot. I do not like shooting at 25-30 yards at a turkey but I decided that I had no choice. After the shot I was glad that I made the right choice I knew it all the time ( yeah right :eek:)

Not a huge bird but the boss gobbler tending these hens.

Tale of the tape 21 lbs. Both spurs 15/16" and 10 1/4" beard.

It was a great season. Congrats to everyone that shot birds this past

season.

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

Congrats, I had no idea that you knew how to turkey hunt. I spose a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Top Bottom