Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First bow ?

Windwalker

Life Member
Everyone has that first bow that hooked them. What was everyone's first bow ?
grin.gif

A mini Jennings Carbon Extreme. Thought it was an all right bow until I got my Matthews and never looked back.

I've never experienced a bow hunt, but am curious it looks truely awesome. Anyone know what someone might typically spend to get introductory equipment? I'm clueless, i've always just used my .22 and 870 for all hunting, but bow seems tempting

XI forget the model. I could actually shoot groups with it. My first bow was a no name that I had to epoxy and c clamp the upper limb before i could shoot it....real safe I know.

1983 Pearson 30 - 50lbs, 24" - 27" adjustable draw.

Never had a name on it other than Pearson, so not sure what exact model.

It was the old bracket mounted wheels design.

First claim was a squirrel pinned to the side of a tree about 20 foot up.
grin.gif

Hoyt MT Sport with the 200 limbs was the first bow for me, but I quickly switch to a faster Hoyt havoc with the 2000 limbs. I am currently shopping for another bow. It did not take long for me to really want the flatter, faster arrow flight you get out of the better high performance equipment.

trilobyte, I would encourage you to stop by a pro shop and shoot some arrows. You'll likely be hooked for life.

First bow was an Indian. No let off, all plastic. First time I shot the bow the string blew up in my face. Left a nice welt across my cheek. I shot it for two years after much needed repairs.

mole

My first bow was about a 11 year ago model pearson, whatever that would be. it was bright red and black because it was a target bow, my ole man painted it up camo for me, and i was hooked for life. I still remember the 5 foot arc at 40 yards ; )

It was a used Browning for $40. When I bought it, I didn't have a clue what I was getting. I hadn't ever shot a bow before I got it. I bought it in '93. It was made in the mid-1980's. It had wheels and 50% let-off. I shot it one season and then a limb pocket broke (talk about a close one). I did manage to take a doe with it before retiring it.

Oops forgot about my McPherson 3-D dream. That was my first bow. Feather Max was my second...

Haven't heard from Onecam yet... I know he still uses the same string that came on his first bow...
grin.gif

Answer my own question . After the home made willow bows bindertwine strings. Horse weed arrows ! Mom and dad picked up a Bear hunter out of the J.C. Penny catalog> Thanks mom and dad look what you have made (bow hunting junkie)
grin.gif

Alpine Rebel, awesome weapon, harvested 3 two and a half year old 8 pt.s

Top Bottom