Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Muzzle Loader

Probably means nobody who has looked at this thread owns that gun/scope combo.

Stainless steel is a must, and beyond that, look for a quality barrel and trigger combination and you'll be fine. Lots of good options out there, so don't be afraid to do some shopping around.

NWBuck

I'd give all sorts of suggestions but I know nothing about these guns. That may be the case with everybody else as well. I'd suggest seeing what kind of reviews you can find online. The few traditions guns I have seen or been around are, in my opinion, marginal guns. In the muzzleloader world, outside of smokeless, your best bet is to go with CVA, TC or Knight. Knight makes some awesome guns but they need to get with the times and make a good break action. Sorry I'm not much more help. When you do get a gun and need suggestions on bullets and powder let us know. Lots of opinions on that subject!

I would splurge for the CVA Accura V2 myself. If it wasn't in the budget, I would go with the CVA Optima V2. Both are amazing guns. SS is a must. I simply don't know much or heard much about traditions. Probably good guns but just don't hear much about them.

I have a cva optima. It's stainless with a thumbhole stock and I love it! It shoots like a champ and is easy to clean. I think you can't go wrong with a cva or a Thompson center.

I bought my wife a buckstalker 2 years ago stainless and she loves it it's super light but when you sight them in make sure u bring your shoulder cause it can be a little rough on the kick but I'm also used to my optima so take that for what it's worth but my wife has killed 2 deer with hers and shows no sign of letting up.

Ive had a couple Traditions in the past , not that version so that's something I cant reply on, long story short, I also recommend TC first and CVA as a less expensive alternative.
look at the TC impact, I own one and love it. Good luck in your search and good luck hunting!

Top Bottom