Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First season 13pt

deerhunter93

Sorry for such a long post but Im so excited.

On opening day of first shotgun season I was able to go hunt down in Southern Iowa with my dad (Rjack) and his friend, Scott. I had to help Scott find a good place to set up, so I didn’t get into my stand until 7a.m. Around 9:15 I looked behind my tree stand and saw 2 does and a 1.5 year old buck trailing them. They were headed right toward Scott so I let them go. The deer walked right past him and he put the smack down on a big mature doe. About 15 min later I looked out and saw 3 deer coming my way so I got ready. It was 3 does and I had 2 doe tags so when one of the mature does got close I was going to take her. She got within 25 yards when I let the youth knight wolverine 50 cal bark and I saw her go down. By the end of the day I had a doe down and Scott had 2 down.

On Sunday Scott wasn’t able to get there until 3p.m. but my younger brother was able to go. He couldn’t make it Saturday due to a basketball game. We got settled in, and around 10a.m. I got down to do a little walking because my feet were cold. Well long story short while I was walking I saw a nice 8pt and took the shot but missed. (I am glad now). Then my dads other friend, Matt (Talehunter) called and asked if he and his buddy could come and hunt with us, of course we said yes. So I got back into my tree stand while my dad and my brother hurried down to the bottom because they were going to do a drive while they walked in. A couple min passed then I herd a couple shots and I knew that they had started the drive.

A little while after that I was just looking between these 2 ridges and I saw deer coming my way so I got ready. I was watching the first deer which was a doe then I looked back and I saw massive horns behind her a ways, I knew he was a for sure shooter. I waited until he was broadside to take the shot. The buck was around 70 yards away at the shot and I saw him kick. I got my reloading stuff and reloaded while he stumbled and ran to my left. When I finally was reloaded he was still standing behind a tree and I was getting a little nervous so when he took another step I shot again. Then he just walked out of sight. I looked back to where he came from and watched another 15 deer running towards me but all I was thinking about was the buck that I just shot and hoping that I had made a good shot. I called my dad and left him a message on his call phone; he said it was the best message ever, lol. When Matt finally got to my tree stand he asked if I had shot one and I replied something like “I think I just shot a monster." So I got down and we went over to where I last saw him and he was laying just 20 yards away dead. My dad finally called me back and he said that he shot a nice 9ptr and my brother shot a big mature doe.

I was so excited and I still am. There are just no words to describe how I happy I feel. I am so thankful that God allowed me to harvest such a magnificent animal. This year was a great year for my brother and I. We both shot our "dream" bucks. My brother is 11 years old and he shot an 11ptr during youth season this year. I am 13 and I was able ho harvest a 13ptr, so that is interesting I couldn’t have done it without my dad because he has thought me everything. Here are some pictures of my buck.

6935Best_one.jpg

6935Iowawhitetail-med.JPG

My brother and I.
6935Iowawhitetail2-med.JPG

My dad and I.
6935Iowawhitetail4-med.JPG

If you want to see my brother's buck here is the link.
Brother's youth season 11ptr.

Wow!! What a bruiser. You guys better not keep up the age in relation to points thing up..
40 Years old- 40 point buck!!
grin.gif

Congrats!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I was so excited and I still am. There are just no words to describe how I happy I feel. I am so thankful that God allowed me to harvest such a magnificent animal.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is awesome! I'd be a happy camper too
smile.gif

Congrats on a bruiser buck!!
waytogo.gif

Congratulations, you shot a cow with antlers ! Bet you can't wait to get that big boy back from the taxidermist.

Anyone else read that and couldn't tell he was 13?
grin.gif
You sound beyond your years. You are going to turn out to be a heck of hunter I'm sure of it. Congrats on a great season and good luck in many many seasons ahead.

Your Dad must be on cloud nine. WHat a great story teller and a buck to make many envious. COngratulations!!!

Wow, congrats to you, your dad, and your brother.
Also I noticed something very awesome, was that those harvest photos are some of the best I have seen in awhile. Great job who setting up the photos.

Top Bottom