Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First season 13pt

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else read that and couldn't tell he was 13?
grin.gif
You sound beyond your years. You are going to turn out to be a heck of hunter I'm sure of it. Congrats on a great season and good luck in many many seasons ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. I would geuss that your dad is very proud of his boys. Great buck

Man what a buck! And Man what a story!! Those other guys are right! I couldn't tell your a 13 year old! I can relate to your feeling though! That is the best feeling in the world. It feels like your all filled up with something so good that it just overflows and you have to get it out some how, then you just start to break down and get the shivers and start singing for no apparent reason and dance and all that! I'm so happy for you and your brother and family! That is so awesome that you guys all love to hunt and be in the outdoors! Congratulations!!

Congrats, Drew on a great tale and a great tail. Way to make the shot count! It is always a thrill hunting with the Jackson's! And let me tell you that beast is making alot of jerky, I should have some for you guys on Sunday. Also be sure to tell your mom, nice job on the pics!

This is Dad...

What a truly blessed year God gave us. The 3 of us ended up taking 15 deer this year - 3 mature bucks, 3 yearling does, and 9 mature does. All were with bows or muzzleloaders except for the one buck I shot with a shotgun. Of course Dad came in last with only 4 deer while they boys totaled 11.

Thanks for all of your kind responses. Both boys were thrilled to get their deer and anxious to get their stories on IowaWhitetail. Each day after school they would check out who had responded and what they had to say.

They love to tell their deer stories and show their pictures. Thomas Allen (THA4) gave them a great opportunity to tell them again. If you have a chance, pick up a free copy of the January edition of The Iowa Sportsman at Casey's. You might recognize the stories and a few pictures from this site. We had a great evening with Thomas and his wife in December. What a great guy and writer. The boys have been handing these out left and right to friends and family. Their mom gets all the photo credits and she did a fine job!

Regarding the taxidermy, I told them I would pay for 1 mount each and they could decide which one. With Dakota’s buck this year and Drew’s first from a few years ago, I thought I was done. But, I casually tossed out – “unless you would kill a booner”. Looks like I should have kept my mouth shut. Actually, I’m thrilled to be adding another one to the wall. Dakota’s is back already and will be at the Classic. Drew’s will need to wait until next year. He still needs to pick out a form, but his options are going to be limited as the neck on his buck is so huge. Not sure what will happen if they take 12 and 14 pointers next year – looks like I’ll need a 2nd job.

One proud papa! The Lord has blessed me with 2 great boys, and they happen to be great hunters as well.

Thanks to all on the best site for whitetails.

I am a proud subscriber of the Iowa Sportsman Magazine. The story was great and the pics were awesome. Congratulations on a great season and I wish you the best for many years to come. Hope to meet you guys at the Deer Classic.

if anybody would like copies of the mag
PM me and ill personally send them to you.....

Thanks Roger, and Congrats....
you have a lot to be proud of!!!

Top Bottom