Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First time

Fishbonker

Life Member
Well, first time this year:

Safeties RS.JPG

I forgot to take the safeties off.

The bucket had frozen minnows and the can was full of bacon grease. The trail cam shows a possum in front of the trap then the next pic shows the trigger tripped but no possum. A big fatty coon visited the bucket later and spent some time trying to get at the bacon grease. Maybe he'll be back tonight.

I was setting that trap yesterday afternoon about 1445 and was in a hurry because the A-10s were about to fly over. I heard the A-10s and forgot to check the safeties. I blame the Hawkeyes for my faux pas. And the A-10s took a different holding pattern than the F-16s that repeatedly flew right over my house a few weeks ago. So no joy on the A-10s or the world class hisser.

One of the pilots of the A-1os I grew up next to in Moscow, Ia. His name is Scott Siems. He has been flying them for around 20 yrs.

Interesting, Moscow is ESE of me and it did sound like they were down that way. I know bupkis about the military's jets but you can hear them for a lot longer than the commercial ones that fly over.

When the cargo jets that haul the President's stuff, limos, attack Suburbans, etc etc take off from CR you can hear them forever. Kinda neat to watch them come and go. Air Force One has flown over more than once. That is always awe inspiring no matter who is in it. I live about 8 miles from the Eastern Iowa Airport pretty close to final for runway 27.

Several years ago Slick Willy was coming to CR. I had the bright idea to get one of those long cardboard tubes that they roll carpet on and wait in my garage until I heard AF1 approach and then run out with the tube on my shoulder. For about the first time in my life common sense and moderation prevailed.

Well, first time this year:

View attachment 118838

I forgot to take the safeties off.

The bucket had frozen minnows and the can was full of bacon grease. The trail cam shows a possum in front of the trap then the next pic shows the trigger tripped but no possum. A big fatty coon visited the bucket later and spent some time trying to get at the bacon grease. Maybe he'll be back tonight.

I was setting that trap yesterday afternoon about 1445 and was in a hurry because the A-10s were about to fly over. I heard the A-10s and forgot to check the safeties. I blame the Hawkeyes for my faux pas. And the A-10s took a different holding pattern than the F-16s that repeatedly flew right over my house a few weeks ago. So no joy on the A-10s or the world class hisser.

In the arena of unique excuses, I have to give you props Bonker for throwing out one I had never heard before. "I screwed up because airplanes were just about to fly over me...I think." No sir, no garden variety "sun in your eye", or "dog eating your homework" plain Jane excuses for you. You took it up a notch and blamed it on the airplanes overheard...or not. :) :) Nice! :)

In the arena of unique excuses, I have to give you props Bonker for throwing out one I had never heard before. "I screwed up because airplanes were just about to fly over me...I think." No sir, no garden variety "sun in your eye", or "dog eating your homework" plain Jane excuses for you. You took it up a notch and blamed it on the airplanes overheard...or not. :) :) Nice! :)

Imaginations are like hunting dogs, you have to take them out and work them once in awhile to get the best out of them.

Top Bottom