Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

got one at the new farm

wapsi-bottom-BP

We put in A lot of work this summer cutting trees, hanging stands, and building a new cabin to get the new farm ready to go for season..
We hunted all all weekend, and only saw a handful of does n a 115" is 8pt. Personally I didnt see anything except squirrels n coons on sat n sun
. I had been waiting for the right wind so I could get into my "big pond stand", monday morning was the day.
I hunted my stand close to the mouth of the big pond to the west. The stand overlooks the big drainage that runs into that pond.. very quiet, still, crisp morning! U could hear everything (squirrels n coons) really well.. heard what I thought was a deer doing a scrape to the west about 50 yds. Never saw anything. At 8 my brother text me n said at 830 he was going to climb down n cut some shooting lanes on another stand we hung Sunday, he was hunting on the north end.. about 835 I heard something coming out of the north bedding area( just south of where greg was cutting) it was a buck, and he cut down into the drainage and came west right at me, he wanted to take the trail leading into the small pond bedding area(im right in between them). The trail he took runs almost right under my tree. I shot him almost straight under me, he was coming up the trail facing towards my tree, about 5 ft from me. I put my pin right between his shoulder blades, hit him perfect! Severed his spine, lung n heart! Never took another step, was dead in probably 10 seconds!
photo_popup.php

edit: im having trouble posting pics from my new phone, I've done it dozen s of times?? If anyone could post em they are in my 2013 buck album. . Thanks

Last edited:
Holy mass!!! That is a fantastic looking buck! Did you give your brother a big hug for chasing him to you?

Thanks guys! Grow my beard from around my bday (08/25) until I get my deer every year, definitely couldn't have done it without it, lbvs!!! the fiance was happy to trim it up!!!!! Especially since we have engagement pics this weekend lol ;)

Top Bottom