Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gun control & the insane loons of society....

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Pro-gun rights site here. Most of us are probably to the far right on this issue. Let’s start there.....

I realize it’s a huge national debate. Get it. I think these school shooters are pure evil & pure evil will always exist. If it’s not a gun, it’ll be a truck, a bomb, poison, a plane, you name it. Won’t stop all whackos from getting guns.

The idea I liked the best, in one man’s opinion, is armed personnel in schools. This gun free zone is a magnet for whackos & why they target them. Just like the “air Marshalls” being armed in planes- something along those lines. Beyond that- more extensive background checks, etc. great. Banning weapons for people who obey the law- give me a break. But- what you guys think are viable options to at least help stop SOME of these crazy evil nuts?

I agree that guns are not the issue. If it wasn't an AR, it could have been a pressure cooker or pipe bomb. Kids play video games that glorify killing and desensitize them. The post made by Florida's teacher of the Year from last year was spot on. Teachers should not be scared to call parents to express concerns about the child, but today they are because too many feelings get hurt since many parents are too busy being best friends instead of actual parents.
Also this entire incident could have been avoided. The kids knew and told the higher ups, but once again didn't do anything because someone's feelings would get hurt. Hell he claimed to aspire to be a "professional school shooter" the FBI was informed of his post and his name, and still nothing was done.
I did catch a Florida lawmaker on the news today saying he would not support the ban of any gun because the laws don't affect the criminals, and he will not support a law that punishes law abiding citizens. Someone get that guy climbing the political ladder.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I am sure the whole thing was terrible to go thru, but I cant find myself feeling much compassion for these brats on TV. Demanding change, saying it can't happen again. We have to stop it. Shows how far removed from reality these kids and thier parents are. How? How the hell do they think they can achieve this? How do they think it would go if they sent LE out to take guns away from the population? Think we are all going to turn them in? I for one would not. You see so many ignorant comments made by liberal people in government. Like if guns weren't sold in stores people wouldn't have guns?? What? Are these comments real? Makes a person wonder if they are that dense. Hard to believe the media trying to make the left sound dumb. I bunch of screaming kids demanding results that effect a bunch of adults just makes me angry. People have been killing each other long before guns we're mainstream, still do. People don't remember Timothy Mcveigh, or even Ted Kaczynski or 9/11 where no guns we're used. Tunnel vision and a complete misunderstanding of reality

Another thing, that i hate to even point out, is everyone demonizing the AR15. We're talking crowded halls and close quarters. If that kid had a 12 gauge with a tube extension shooting 00 buckshot i think the death toll is way higher. Take away the AR and he uses any semi auto rifle, pistol, or handgun. Take away those and he uses a homemade bomb or other illegally gotten weapon or drives a Mack truck into the cafeteria. The crazies will always find a way. My opinion, look how many hero stories there are from this even, teachers who took a bullet for students. Each one of those could have ended the situation if the schools would allow qualified teachers to legally carry.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Here are 3 ideas I've pitched on another hunting Site, and have been having discussion.

1. Place one or multiple armed National Guard men/women at main entry points of all public schools. Screen all people entering, similar to how courthouse entries are screened today. If this means use of metal detectors, banning certain items, capping the size of backpacks, etc., so be it.

2. Lock all other entry points and establish security devices on them to stop unauthorized entry. Similar to many office buildings today.

3. Make annual self defense and firearm training courses mandatory for all faculty, and support qualified faculty to carry a firearm. Faculty would not be required to be armed, but carrying a firearm would be promoted.

My company has been hired to do work in schools for years and it’s gone from come and go as you please to secured entrances with camera systems where you identify yourself and then you're buzzed in and then check in. Did this school in Florida have such a system? If they did how did he get in? I can’t imagine with his history they would have allowed him entry. One of the schools I recently did work gives detentions and suspensions if a student opens any door for anyone, one student would not allow his own mother in who also happens to be a teacher in the same district. Very strict there, I like it. I just wonder if people like the school shooters were the type locked up in a mental ward way back in the day before they were allowed to deteriorate mentally to a point of hurting others? The “funny farm” my parents and grandparents talked about? MHI in Independence type facility? I would really think the social media outlets would have the ability to track posts like this kid made and voluntarily turn it in to the authorities who would then actually investigate it who would then deliver them to MHI for evaluation.

If you have a huge gathering area to screen people before entering, then someone will just drive over the kids, bomb, or shoot them outside of the school.

My company has been hired to do work in schools for years and it’s gone from come and go as you please to secured entrances with camera systems where you identify yourself and then you're buzzed in and then check in. Did this school in Florida have such a system? If they did how did he get in? I can’t imagine with his history they would have allowed him entry. One of the schools I recently did work gives detentions and suspensions if a student opens any door for anyone, one student would not allow his own mother in who also happens to be a teacher in the same district. Very strict there, I like it. I just wonder if people like the school shooters were the type locked up in a mental ward way back in the day before they were allowed to deteriorate mentally to a point of hurting others? The “funny farm” my parents and grandparents talked about? MHI in Independence type facility? I would really think the social media outlets would have the ability to track posts like this kid made and voluntarily turn it in to the authorities who would then actually investigate it who would then deliver them to MHI for evaluation.

correct me if i am wrong, but i believe the elementary school at Newtown, Conn. had this type of locked door & badge/buzz in type of system.... && he still manage to make entry. Not bursting your bubble on the security system because i, too, agree that it would help deter. but as others have said, where there's a will, there's a way.... && couldn't agree more with the florida lawmaker that said he would not support any law promoting gun control because laws don't affect criminals. SO TRUE. Gun control will make the law abiding citizen a sitting duck to a criminal that will buy a weapon on the large black market.

The FBI was tipped off that the shooter was posting crazy stuff on the net about becoming a "famous school shooter"
Multiple YouTube posts about his wanting to "shoot people"
35 911 calls tipping the police off that crazy stuff was going on at his house
And yet nothing was done - his background check record with the FBI NICS was never updated with any of this?

In my opinion the gun is NOT at fault, it is law enforcement in the area failing to do their job.
It was not one single tip that there was a potential crazy shooter brewing - it was multiple.

We need better inter-agency communication so people like this don't slip through the cracks
In todays computer driven world - that shouldnt be that difficult.

The FBI was tipped off that the shooter was posting crazy stuff on the net about becoming a "famous school shooter"
And yet nothing was done - his background check record with the FBI NICS was never updated with any of this?

In my opinion the gun is NOT at fault, it is law enforcement in the area failing to do their job.
It was not one single tip that there was a potential crazy shooter brewing - it was multiple.

We need better inter-agency communication so people like this don't slip through the cracks

A-freaking-men! ^^

Democrats are the ones always pulling the trigger....maybe lock them all up?? Only kidding. The ignorance from the left is maddening. Especially seeing young kids, middle school age, protesting. They have zero knowledge about what they are protesting, just got drug into it because right now it's the cool thing to do. What should be done? I like the officer at every school idea. That would make a huge difference in my opinion. But in all honesty, we are going down a dark tunnel and I don't see it turning around. Way too much selfishness, zero self control and very little parental guidance in America. It's only going to get worse in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't feel that I am.

I don't know that its the fault of the LE. It's the laws and how they protect the criminal and you can't just arrest someone for typing jibberish online. Anymore I think victims right fall wayyy below the rights of those committing these crimes (allegedly). Parenting is the key to alot of this. Those same screaming kids on TV have screaming parents that have let thier kids run the show from day one. Never told them no a day in thier life.

We secure our large business buildings with access badges, controlled points of access, and guards. Why not our schools? Doesn't stop every situation, but sure could have prevented some of these.

Then it comes out that the school resource officer decided to stand outside the building and wait instead of trying to confront the shooter and maybe save some life's. I have all respect for law enforcement and even my time serving my country we all know that it is our duty that we loose our life for the job we signed up for. I think he should have been a meter maid and write parking tickets if he was not prepared to protect these kids.

Then it comes out that the school resource officer decided to stand outside the building and wait instead of trying to confront the shooter and maybe save some life's. I have all respect for law enforcement and even my time serving my country we all know that it is our duty that we loose our life for the job we signed up for. I think he should have been a meter maid and write parking tickets if he was not prepared to protect these kids.

I don't remember the last time I was as irate as I was yesterday when I heard about this LEO (A.K.A. "School Resource) not doing his job. Staying outside the school building when he knew innocent lives were being taken inside. This waste of skin deserves to be spit on, sued and incarcerated. People were relying on him to provide them with protection. When danger arose, he chose not to provide the service that he was hired to provide. He's as much of a coward as the shooter, IMO. I'm STILL consumed with anger about this.

To all of you those who say we should not personally carry firearms as a means for protecting ourselves, and instead should entrust our mortal safety to LEOs, I say, PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!

LEOs and the FBI were notified about the behaviour of the would-be terrorist ahead of time, on multiple occasions, and chose not to take action.
Security / video surveillance feed was on a 26 minute delay.
High fences and other structural fortifying measures were in place to keep the terrorist out, but failed.
The armed terrorist made it into the school building unnoticed and unopposed.
The armed terrorist pulled the fire alarm and waited for innocent people to run out of their classrooms, so he could pick them off en masse in the hallways.
The armed terrorist was not opposed by anyone or anything.
The armed LEO, on the scene, chose not to engage.
The armed murdering terrorist walked out of the school building, and away from the scene.
The LEOs showed up to find carnage, but no terrorist.

This entire system failed! Know what could have made a difference? A firearm or firearms in the hands of qualified adults within the school building. Adults, who aren't just there to educate our children, but to also look out for and protect the well being or our children. To physically protect our children...

End of rant!

Last edited:
I asked my wife last night “how much was that new school we got approved to build”? She couldn’t even remember - “$75 million, $100 million?” She said. We discussed what we saw in high school and the math. So- we have a $100M school and we can’t figure out a way to pay for training for some qualified armed protection? $50k to a police officer. Or retired military. ????
Then- she pointed out- one school system does have an officer & it’s our friend we know. But that’s a minority of schools through out the US. Should be every school & unfortunately - it’s going to cost a LITTLE $ but we dang well better be protecting our kids.

U wanna make something “gun free”??? U better pay up for security then!!! IMO.

I wanna give examples of police presence right now & all the Loons who hate the police- I guarantee you they feel safer because of them....
Go leave ur vehicle unattended at airport for 3 mins. Cops on it instantly. (Not like we are having shootings at airports). Any event with any size of people- GAMES, concerts, whatever. Any political event or go around any group of politicians- armed security.

I drive by 0-5 officers doing traffic stops driving on I-35 every day. Lots of them. Why? “Safety”. (Well- & revenue ;) ).
I go downtown and don’t put my .50 cents in parking meter- hour later I WILL have a ticket. Paid employees in paid for vehicles monitoring for people who don’t pay parking meters.

When I was in HS - 94-97..... Drug dog came weekly (random) to smell for marijuana. Had time for marijuana - we should have time to protect our “gun free zones” which are begging for lunatics & why they choose schools- soft easy targets- no guns. Reality is: schools are the softest target and we need something for all of them - JUST LIKE we do anywhere else in society you see DAILY.

Last edited:
I tend to get myself in trouble with some twitter rants from time to time, but a recent one was a back and forth with several folks who claimed they were teachers or know teachers that "would never want to carry a gun". Well, we aren't asking EVERYONE to do it...we want volunteers who are comfortable with guns, willing to go through some additional training and not afraid to use the gun if called upon. I would think a small number of teachers at each school would be sufficient.

Then there is the argument that a teacher could get confused with the shooter and cause more chaos...I get that, but I think that could be easily remedied if they are instructed to use a piece of identifying clothing (when they access the gun in the locked case, they grab an orange bandanna or the gun is colored pink, a special hat...Whatever it is, make it something that can set the teacher apart from a suspect and only the school and police know what that is so a shooter can't mimic it.

Top Bottom