Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gun control & the insane loons of society....

I would gladly pay tax dollars for armed security in schools. Better than alot of the garbage it goes toward now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I would gladly pay tax dollars for armed security in schools. Better than alot of the garbage it goes toward now.

Exactly!! Right or wrong- we probably spend that much on the football team’s equipment every year. Or u fill in the blank of the gazillions of expenses (much being waste) that we throw at schools. But- aside from all the Waste & silly business we throw away with schools- spend a tiny little fraction to protect our students. Should be the priority right now.
We ain’t gonna stop all nut jobs. But if that nut job comes to a school- they should have a plan in place to quickly illiminate that threat. Don’t for one second think that ANY group of politicians that travel don’t have an “immediate response to neutralize a threat”. Or many other events or public places for that matter. A school deserves the same protection & these kids being sitting ducks with no protection at all is insanity. We need defenders against any type of whacko to respond quickly to any attack. Waiting 5-15 mins for the police to arrive is not a valid plan and no where else would that be acceptable.
We are NOT going to see a headline “lunatic man goes into gun shop and shoots 17 helpless victims”. Gun free schools present the exact opposite attention & outcome. That has to change. Until a nut thinks of targets and Says “crap, I’m likely gonna get my head blown off if I target a school” - it’ll be the most prime target for evil people.

Dude! Don't even get me going off on how much is spent on grade school sports!!! And I am, or at least was, a pretty decorated athlete back in the day. What a complete waste. Where we put our money shows us what we value. Heck, school buses don't even have seat belts, due to the cost associated with installing them.

I started and have been having a lengthy discussion about this on another local 'sporting' Website. Turns out there is quite a bit of opposition to self defensive firearms in school buildings. National Guard probably shouldn't be involved in manning and screening main entry points. Mandatory self defense and firearm training is an absolute NO-GO for school staff. Arming school staff is probably a bad idea, but a few support it. Most feel that the use of predictive modeling and fortifying our school buildings would be more budget friendly and realistic. SMH. Oh, and putting additional trust in our LEOs to provide protection.

I started and have been having a lengthy discussion about this on another local 'sporting' Website. Turns out there is quite a bit of opposition to self defensive firearms in school buildings. National Guard probably shouldn't be involved in manning and screening main entry points. Mandatory self defense and firearm training is an absolute NO-GO for school staff. Arming school staff is probably a bad idea, but a few support it. Most feel that the use of predictive modeling and fortifying our school buildings would be more budget friendly and realistic. SMH. Oh, and putting additional trust in our LEOs to provide protection.

That’s where Libs go “you are proposing arming all teachers!?!???!!!!!!!”...... “NO!!!!!!!” Maybe 2-3 that WANT to do it and would be qualified. Or- all of our military men who pass assessments & would be good candidates for security. Or police officers.

Here’s the problem.... Libs wanna distract with all these “well you can’t do this, that, blah blah blah”..... ok - any event, political gathering, “important person speaking”, airport, airplane- WHATEVER.... we CAN figure out a way to protect people. This can be done - so sick of America and libs saying “this can’t be accomplished”. Can’t secure a school (BS!!!!!), can’t secure the border (BS!!!!!), YOU can’t have firearms in all these places, blah blah blah. Don’t frigin tell me for one second we couldn’t get a reasonably simple security system & process at every school. Frigin BS!!! LIBS: we can’t secure the schools.... SO..... we need to take away the guns. BS to both accounts - it’s hogwash garbage. We can secure the schools and don’t need to disarm good guys in the process. This is not complicated. Maybe it is to Libs and why life is so hard for them & they otherwise ask the government to solve all their problems. Secure the schools & quit listening to all the Lib hogwash spin & misrepresenting what’s being proposed or could be done!!

Last edited:
That’s where Libs go “you are proposing arming all teachers!?!???!!!!!!!”...... “NO!!!!!!!” Maybe 2-3 that WANT to do it and would be qualified. Or- all of our military men who pass assessments & would be good candidates for security. Or police officers.

Here’s the problem.... Libs wanna distract with all these “well you can’t do this, that, blah blah blah”..... ok - any event, political gathering, “important person speaking”, airport, airplane- WHATEVER.... we CAN figure out a way to protect people. This can be done - so sick of America and libs saying “this can’t be accomplished”. Can’t secure a school (BS!!!!!), can’t secure the border (BS!!!!!), YOU can’t have firearms in all these places, blah blah blah. Don’t frigin tell me for one second we couldn’t get a reasonably simple security system & process at every school. Frigin BS!!! LIBS: we can’t secure the schools.... SO..... we need to take away the guns. BS to both accounts - it’s hogwash garbage. We can secure the schools and don’t need to disarm good guys in the process. This is not complicated. Maybe it is to Libs and why life is so hard & they otherwise ask the government to solve all their problems. Secure the schools & quit listening to all the Lib hogwash spin & misrepresenting what’s being proposed or could be done!!
It's all about taking guns away. Period. There is no middle ground for liberals. They have thier minds made up and that's that. They wouldn't have a problem if people were killed in a massive gun seizure from those of us who won't give in. That what gets me, it's about acceptance, understanding, everyone is an individual, accept if you stand up against them or for something they don't agree with. Hard to have an iota io respect for these loons. Going to get worse before it gets better. There is a way, and it's not that complicated

I should have clarified. Allowing qualified teachers to carry firearms within our schools if they chose, and supporting it.

I realize these things don't fix our problems, but Hell, people have been murdering each other since the beginning, so, good luck with fixing that. These things would help to protect our children from F-ing terrorists! And that's better than running, hiding, and getting slaughtered.

There are 4-5 teachers in my district that are serious hunters. They could easily be trained to have a weapon on hand and ready if necessary...

One official armed guard, and maybe 2 other armed staff members (small school) then budget accordingly by the size of the school.

Regular training and pay for this service.

Last edited:
Most of the money in school budgets is for labor - teachers, custodians, cooks, office staff, administrators, etc. Sports, beyond facilities and coaches, who make very very little for the time and crap they put up with from parents, is supported by property taxes. Not all but most of the equipment and uniform costs are provided by booster clubs - fund raising. Follow your local school and it’s budgets, talk with teachers and you’ll find there really isn’t as much waste as some of you insinuate. I’m a conservative, private sector manual laborer/ tradesmen paid by the hour and married to a teacher with three kids that attends school board meetings to see how things really are. Our school board and the staff work really hard to provide the best they can for each student at the lowest possible cost to the taxpayers. If I work beyond 8 hrs I’m paid for it, when my wife works late, weekends and uses our printer and inc and runs to Staples or Wal-Mart for classroom materials she’s not compensated one cent. Now she knew what she was getting into as do all educators up front but I beg to differ with those who say public schools and educators are wasting all the tax dollars. I’m in agreement that the young people protesting don’t have the appropriate answers but it is being noticed and hopefully it gets the people with the ability to facilitate appropriate changes to act.

When 'some' schools have multi-million dollar sports stadiums, and yet an armed terrorist can walk unopposed into their facilitys and slaughter our children, then, yeah, we're justified with our statements about them 'wasting' money.

I guess a guy who owns 13 $1mill show cars, but declares bankruptcy, also doesn't waste his money. Or a guy who smokes, drinks, owns a new iPhone, etc., but is perpetually on food stamps, doesn't waste his money either... SMH

Last edited:
Upscale stadiums like that are typically not paid with tax dollars. But I certainly see your position, as a parent you leave your kids in someone else’s care for 8 hours a day and you expect a safe environment for them.

Most of the money in school budgets is for labor - teachers, custodians, cooks, office staff, administrators, etc. Sports, beyond facilities and coaches, who make very very little for the time and crap they put up with from parents, is supported by property taxes. Not all but most of the equipment and uniform costs are provided by booster clubs - fund raising. Follow your local school and it’s budgets, talk with teachers and you’ll find there really isn’t as much waste as some of you insinuate. I’m a conservative, private sector manual laborer/ tradesmen paid by the hour and married to a teacher with three kids that attends school board meetings to see how things really are. Our school board and the staff work really hard to provide the best they can for each student at the lowest possible cost to the taxpayers. If I work beyond 8 hrs I’m paid for it, when my wife works late, weekends and uses our printer and inc and runs to Staples or Wal-Mart for classroom materials she’s not compensated one cent. Now she knew what she was getting into as do all educators up front but I beg to differ with those who say public schools and educators are wasting all the tax dollars. I’m in agreement that the young people protesting don’t have the appropriate answers but it is being noticed and hopefully it gets the people with the ability to facilitate appropriate changes to act.
My comment on wasted tax money was not directed to the budget the school has to date. I meant my tax dollars paying for lazy asses to not work, and other immoral health care crap just to name two. I bet if it was my choice of where my tax money went based on my moral beliefs there would be plenty for school guards.

Upscale stadiums like that are typically not paid with tax dollars. But I certainly see your position, as a parent you leave your kids in someone else’s care for 8 hours a day and you expect a safe environment for them.

Yes. My expectations for those I leave in charge of my children, is for them to protect them, above all other things. It doesn't matter how well educated my kids are, or how good their teachers are if they're all murdered in an unsecured building within a gun free zone. Oh, and with or without a $7Mill football stadium.

How do they generally get paid for then? The $8.9M one in my town was paid for as follows:

Money for the athletic complex will come from sales tax revenue and the district's physical plant and equipment levy, a local tax used for infrastructure improvements.

That sounds like taxes to me.

His daughter was killed in the Florida shooting. This guy gets it. So sad for what this guy and other families have to deal with.

YES!!! Abso-friggin-lootly! He's the closest to it, and he totally gets it. Why is it such a disconnect for so many?!

An updated list derived from further discussion:

1. Arm qualified school teachers / staff that choose to carry a firearm.
(Allowing them to use their own firearms, and possibly providing firearms to others who don't already have their own. THIS IS NOT MANDATORY FOR ANYONE.)

The following information tells how to do this within current Iowa law.

https://law.justia.com/codes/iowa/2014/title-xvi/subtitle-1/chapter-724/section-724.4b/

724.4B Carrying firearms on school grounds - penalty - exceptions.
1. A person who goes armed with, carries, or transports a firearm of any kind, whether concealed or not, on the grounds of a school commits a class D felony. For the purposes of this section, school means a public or nonpublic school as defined in section 280.2.
2. Subsection 1 does not apply to the following:
a. A person listed under section 724.4, subsection 4, paragraphs b through f or j.
b. A person who has been specifically authorized by the school to go armed with, carry, or transport a firearm on the school grounds, including for purposes of conducting an instructional program regarding firearms.

2. Provide and require free, or low cost, annual firearm training for all teachers / staff participating in #1.
(It would be provided optionally and promoted for all others. THIS IS NOT MANDATORY FOR THOSE CHOOSING NOT TO CARRY FIREARMS.)

3. Provide free or low cost annual self defense training for all teachers / staff.
(I can make a strong argument for making this mandatory for ALL, but am willing to leave this optional, due to all of the push-back within the previous discussion. THIS IS NOT MANDATORY FOR ANYONE.)

4. Convert all non-main school building entry points into Emergency Exits ONLY, install electronic/mechanical devices to prohibit unauthorized entry, and set them up to set off alarms upon unauthorized use.
(Similar to how many office buildings, and stores, are designed today. Suspend / expel those who choose to trigger false alarms.)

5. Implement security screening areas at all main school building entry points, including, but not limited to metal detectors and armed security guards.
(Clearly identify what items are prohibited and set size limitations on book bags, etc. I would suggest leveraging National Guardsmen/women as much as possible, where available, at least initially.)

6. Install simplistic internal door locking / barricading systems that can be engaged manually from within each classroom, and/or even electronically, linked to the alarm system.
(Suspend / expel those who choose to activate these devices in non-emergency situations.)

7. Hold random Active Shooter drills periodically, similar to Fire and Tornado drills.
(The more these are practiced, the better prepared everyone is for a real-live situation.)

Couldn't agree more with the stuff written above; 9/11 happens and they make it harder to get in planes. Do the same for schools.

Another problem I see is the media almost glorifies these shooters. I'm sorry, but shooting a bunch of unarmed kids in a school should not be a way to attention. Humiliate, embarrass and villify these shooters, refer to them as monsters and cowards, and come up with punishment so awful that no one else wants to do it.

The fact that this tragedy is so sensationalized and manipulated by the media to a point where a portion of the populous become sheep, buying every word the media says, is exactly why we need guns.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

If successful, the 'Liberal' plans of banning and/or confiscating firearms will do nothing to protect our school children.

I've been writing my Congressmen/women all morning, offering the ideas I posted above as constructive ways to better protect our school children. Unless we all take some sort of action, ideas aren't worth much. I encourage the rest of you to do the same, and more, if-ever/whenever/wherever possible.

Top Bottom