Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

H1N1 Buck

cybball

Well, finally got my buck. Biggest of my entire 18 year bowhunting career. I went out to a new stand I hung a few weeks ago, when my son and I both had the end of the H1N1. Hung it in an old oak tree that looked like the perfect spot where 4 trails converged.
Got time to go tonight, and got to my stand at 4. I sat down and about 10 minutes in, I did a little rattling. About 10 minutes later, from straight downwind, I hear something. I turned and saw this buck at 15 yards. I though for sure he would be gone, as the wind was blowing that way, but instead, he keeps coming. When he was broadside at 12 yards, I let him have it. Made a perfect double lung shot quartering away. My arrow penetrated until it hit the off shoulder. I backed out of the area and went to get my son to help with the track job. Well, the trail was pretty red and he only went about 80 yards. Of course, all the way down into the next ravine. That was fun dragging him up and out. I woudl guess he weighed about 250.
DSC04314.jpg

DSC04319.jpg

DSC04333.jpg

Top Bottom