Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hawaii Spring Break 2019?

TheMadCatter

Who here has been to Hawaii? Has anybody on the forum hunted Hawaii or been to Maui before? Any recommendations on where to go? I'm planning to fly to Maui on March 8th and fly back March 17th to get back for class Monday afternoon. I'm going with a few college friends.

Once we're on Maui we're going head over to Molokini and snorkel for the day. After that, I have a friend who is going to take us to Lahaina Harbor and we're going to take the ferry to Lanai. Once we're in Lanai we're going to archery hunt the island for Axis, Mouflon, Goats, and Hogs.

Then take the Ferry back to Lahaina and get a ride back to Maui and fly back to the states :)

Molokini crater was some awesome snorkeling but we found great places all along the maui coast. Was able to swim/touch a couple 100# sea turtles in one bay. I talked at great length to a guy at our hotel about hog hunting. They use dogs and knives but I never managed to make it out. I was too busy not doing anything since we left the kids at home. Good luck.

Man, your suitcase is going to have more travel stickers on it than Bugs Bunny. :) :)

images

Look into off shore paddle boarding... if its whale season you'll be in for a show. If you are going to be eating on the island of Maui send me a message... when on vacation I take my dining VERY seriously yet keep it on a budget. The best roast pig/pineapple pizza I've ever had was on Maui. The place was a dump but man they can make a pizza.

I usually sit by the pool or beach and drink beer when I by the ocean, but good luck!!

That's the difference between immature and mature bucks... lil guys just running around all over looking for stuff to do. Some of us have figured out the benefits of working less to accomplish more!

Have that on a turkey hunt bucket list to hit up. It will happen in the next few years and the axis, goats, etc. will all be a bonus. I have heard it is an unbelievable place to hunt.

Good choice on visiting Molokini for a snorkel tour. Lots of sweet fish and coral. IF you have any downtime on Maui for a beach, I'd suggest Big beach. Not sure what the March surf is like, but when we were there, that beach produced some fun waves. Beat the crap outta myself for a couple of days playing in them. The road to Hana is a sweet drive as well and be sure to stop and buy some fresh fruit as you're able.

Top Bottom